EAS Form Two Due by 11:59 p.m. EDT
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) conducted a Nationwide Emergency Alert System (EAS) Test today at 2:20 pm EDT. Each EAS Participant must report whether they were able to receive the test and pass it on (if required) using Form Two filed through the EAS Test Reporting System (ETRS) by 11:59 p.m. EDT.
To file Form Two, log into ETRS using the username and password created to file Form One. Once you are logged into the system:
- Click on the Records tab
- Click on EAS Test Records
- Click on one of your records
- Click on Submit Form Two
- Complete and submit the form
Note: Each facility has a unique ETRS login. You must log in separately for each facility for which you are filing a Form Two.
Additionally, because the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is concerned that the short deadline to file the Form Two will overload the system, it requests that stations file the Form Two based on the following schedule:
- Stations in Eastern Time Zone – 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. EDT
- Stations in Central Time Zone – 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. EDT (4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. CDT)
- Stations in Mountain Time Zone – 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT (5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. MDT)
- Stations in Pacific Time Zone – 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. EDT (5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. PDT)
- Stations in all other time zones – 9:30 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. EDT