- Telecom, Media & Technology
- Communications Appellate & Litigation
- Food, Drug, and Medical Device Law
- Government Contracts
- Health Care
- Class Actions and Complex Multi-Jurisdiction Litigation
- Enforcement of Arbitration Clauses
- Federal Preemption
- First Amendment/Commercial Speech
- Judicial Review of Agency Action
- National Security Issues
- Rights-of-Way Litigation and Counseling
- Tower Siting and Wireless Facilities Access
- Video Programming and Cable Franchising
Senior Communications Manager
Bush Administration Taps Several WRF Alumni
Washington, DC-The extensive network of Wiley Rein & Fielding alumni holding high-level government posts continues to expand with this week's White House announcement that several WRF alumni have been chosen to fill a number of prestigious posts in the Bush Administration. Recent appointments include:
Alex M. Azar II, former partner, nominated to be Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services.
Maria Cino, former public policy and government affairs consultant, nominated to be Deputy Secretary of Transportation.
David R. Hill, former partner, nominated to be General Counsel at the Department of Energy.
Kevin J. Martin, former WRF associate, recently appointed Chairman, Federal Communications Commission.
Catherine Crutcher Bohigian, former WRF associate, appointed senior Legal Advisor to Chairman Martin.
These outstanding professionals join a long list of current and former members of the firm who have served in the Executive and Legislative branches as well as held leadership positions in regulatory agencies and departments.
Managing Partner Richard E. Wiley commented on the appointments, "We proudly congratulate our former colleagues on their very impressive government appointments."