- Class Actions and Complex Multi-Jurisdiction Litigation
- Communications Appellate & Litigation
- Enforcement of Arbitration Clauses
- Federal Preemption
- First Amendment/Commercial Speech
- Judicial Review of Agency Action
- National Security Issues
- Rights-of-Way Litigation and Counseling
- Technology Transactions
- Telecom, Media & Technology
- Tower Siting and Wireless Facilities Access
- Video Programming and Cable Franchising
Senior Communications Manager
Richard E. Wiley Honored by His Peers
Washington, DC-Wiley Rein Managing Partner Richard E. Wiley has been named one of Washington, DC's Top 10 "Super Lawyers" in the recently-published directory of the same name, an accolade he shares with an elite group of leading litigators. The recognition comes on the heels of an award of special recognition bestowed by The Radio and Television News Directors Foundation (RTNDF) at its annual First Amendment Dinner for his many contributions to the communications industry.
Mr. Wiley, a former Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission and head of the firm's preeminent Communications Practice, frequently is included in lists of the nation's top lawyers and cited for the breadth of his practice. A fixture in the field of communications law, he is perhaps the country's only Emmy-award winning attorney, an award he received primarily for the pivotal role he played in the development of HDTV in this country as chairman of the FCC's Advisory Committee on Advanced Television Service.
The "Super Lawyers" directory polls attorneys in each city the directory is published; more than 30,000 ballots were cast, and only five percent of Washington, DC lawyers are included.