Senior Communications Manager
New Wiley Rein Publication Addresses Product Stewardship Challenges
In the second of a series of publications addressing environmental issues high on the Obama Administration’s agenda, Wiley Rein’s Environment & Safety Practice has released a compilation of articles “Addressing Product Stewardship Challenges.”
The timely new analysis covers a range of product stewardship topics, including:
- New pressure on manufacturers from the Consumer Product Safety Commission during implementation of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act;
- Continued scrutiny from Congress and the Obama Administration;
- The shape of new product stewardship and recycling policy in the U.S.;
- What newspaper recycling tells us about product “life-cycle” stewardship; and
- The most impactive European Union programs in the product stewardship arena.
David Weinberg, chair of the group, commented, “This publication will serve as a resource to help companies and trade associations develop proactive product stewardship policies to deal with the inevitable stewardship regulation they will face in the coming years.”
Wiley Rein represents a broad range of trade groups and individual companies to address the myriad challenges that come with implementing stewardship programs, from legal structuring and contracting to transportation and environmental regulatory compliance. Its professionals rank among the world’s preeminent authorities on environmental and safety regulatory and stewardship issues associated with portable electric products, televisions, computers and batteries.