- Corporate Issues, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Due Diligence
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- Data Rights and Protection of Contractor Trade Secrets
- Employment Issues in Government Contracting
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Expeditionary Contracting in the Mideast and Southwest Asia
- Export Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Buy American Act, and Trade Agreement Act
- Government Claims and Terminations
- Government Contracts
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Health Care Contracting
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- Regulatory and Legislative Counseling
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Disputes Litigation
- Small Business
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Suspension and Debarment
- Teaming Arrangements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
- White Collar Defense & Government Investigations
Senior Communications Manager
Experienced Litigator Jennifer S. Zucker Joins Wiley Rein's Prominent Government Contracts Practice
Wiley Rein LLP is pleased to welcome Jennifer S. Zucker as a partner in its highly regarded Government Contracts Practice. Ms. Zucker counsels companies in the defense sector, intelligence community, high-tech industry and strategic consulting arena of federal procurement law. Her focus includes bid protests, contract disputes and claims, contract formation and administration, government investigations, mergers and acquisitions, teaming and subcontract agreements and federal marketplace opportunities.
Ms. Zucker joins the firm from the D.C. office of Patton Boggs where she was a partner. Before joining Patton Boggs, Ms. Zucker served in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's (JAG) Corps, where she gained trial experience as a felony prosecutor and criminal defense attorney. She also litigated multimillion-dollar cases as a trial attorney in the Army's Contract Appeals Division. She continues to serve as a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve, assigned as Vice Chair and Professor of Law in the Contract and Fiscal Law Department at the Army JAG's Legal Center and School, in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Managing partner Richard E. Wiley said, "We are very happy that Jennifer has decided to join the firm. Her extensive experience in counseling defense sector clients and in procurement law adds depth to our already impressive government contracts bench."
Ms. Zucker joins a group that is one of only three government contracts practices ranked in the top tier nationwide by Chambers USA in 2010. With more than three dozen attorneys and consultants, Wiley Rein handles every aspect of government contracting law, including bid protests; claims and disputes; terminations; false claims litigation; mergers and acquisitions; suspension and debarment matters; compliance programs, audits and reviews; internal investigations and False Claims Act litigation; data rights and intellectual property; cost accounting; and employment issues uniquely affecting government contractors.
Ms. Zucker received her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School and her B.S. from Boston University. She is scheduled to receive her L.L.M. from The George Washington University Law School in 2010.