- Telecom, Media & Technology
- Communications Appellate & Litigation
- Class Actions and Complex Multi-Jurisdiction Litigation
- Enforcement of Arbitration Clauses
- Federal Preemption
- First Amendment/Commercial Speech
- Judicial Review of Agency Action
- National Security Issues
- Rights-of-Way Litigation and Counseling
- Tower Siting and Wireless Facilities Access
- Video Programming and Cable Franchising
- Cybersecurity, Data & Network Security
- Technology Transactions
Senior Communications Manager
Richard E. Wiley Named Washington, DC "Administrative Lawyer of the Year" for 2011 by Best Lawyers
Richard E. Wiley, managing partner of Wiley Rein, has been named the Washington, DC Best Lawyers' "Administrative Lawyer of the Year" for 2011. Only one attorney in each community and specialty area receives this annual honor. According to Best Lawyers, the honorees received particularly high ratings in the publication's surveys "by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity."
Mr. Wiley heads the firm's preeminent Communications Practice-the largest in the country-and is former chairman of the Federal Communications Commission. A stalwart in the field of communications law, the Best Lawyers honor is the latest of many accolades received by Mr. Wiley over the years. Named one of "the decade's most influential lawyers" by the National Law Journal, Mr. Wiley has been dubbed a Legal Times "Visionary" and the "undisputed dean of the communications bar" by Washingtonian magazine.
Best Lawyers compiles lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting peer-review surveys in which thousands of attorneys evaluate their professional peers. In the U.S., Best Lawyers publishes an annual referral guide, The Best Lawyers in America, which includes 39,766 attorneys in 80 practice areas, covering all 50 states and the District of Columbia.