- Bid Protests
- Corporate Issues, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Due Diligence
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- Data Rights and Protection of Contractor Trade Secrets
- Employment Issues in Government Contracting
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Expeditionary Contracting in the Mideast and Southwest Asia
- Export Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Buy American Act, and Trade Agreement Act
- Government Claims and Terminations
- Government Contracts
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Health Care Contracting
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- Regulatory and Legislative Counseling
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Disputes Litigation
- Small Business
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Suspension and Debarment
- Teaming Arrangements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
Senior Communications Manager
Wiley Rein's Government Contract Practice and Rand L. Allen Receive Top Honors from Chambers USA; Group Boasts Five "Leading Lawyers"
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business rates Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice in its top tier of firms nationwide, one of only three groups to receive that recognition. Practice chair Rand L. Allen and partners Paul F. Khoury and Scott M. McCaleb are named as "Leading Lawyers" in their field, and Mr. Khoury also is ranked a top-tier bid protest attorney. Partners Daniel P. Graham and Nicole J. Owren-Wiest are recognized as "up and coming" in the government contracts field.
Hailed as "one of the big hitters in town" with "high-quality lawyers," Chambers reports that "this top-quality group fields a practice which covers the gamut of government contracts matters. Procurement fraud-related issues, contractor disputes and M&A matters all fall within the team's skill set. Its forte however undoubtedly lies in bid protests and its experience and skill earns the trust and preference of major defense and aerospace contractors."
"Excellent lawyer" Rand Allen is commended as "a top-tier practitioner with a widely-respected reputation." He receives high praise for his "litigation and M&A expertise and solid working knowledge of the IT industry."
"Interviewees enthuse" about Scott McCaleb's skills as a "very, very fine lawyer, no question about it." "Best known for his bid protests work, where his litigation prowess gives him an edge," Chambers adds that Mr. McCaleb recently played a "leading role in representing Boeing in ongoing compliance issues, internal investigations and cost accounting issues." A client "drew attention to his substantive technical knowledge and his ability to grasp key issues quickly."
Praise extends to Paul Khoury, whose "forte in bid protests is unquestioned." A peer told Chambers that Mr. Khoury not only is "a great lawyer, but he's also a pleasure to work with, he's professional and cordial whether he's on your side or not."
Chambers reports that "clients were enthusiastic in noting Daniel Graham's well-informed and sure approach, remarking that: 'He's a younger partner who's very sharp and incredibly in tune with the laws and regulations. Any cases that need to be prosecuted, I know he will handle it well.'" Nicole Owren-Wiest is commended by her peers for "her expertise in bid protests and cost accounting."
The Chambers ratings are based on extensive interviews of law firms' clients, colleagues and competitors. Inclusion in the directory is determined through a rigorous vetting process.
Click here to view the full Chambers editorial.