Government Contracts | GSA SCHEDULE AND COMMERCIAL ITEM CONTRACTS
Wiley Rein attorneys are adept at guiding contractors through the procurement procedures and rules relating to a variety of different contract vehicles, such as commercial item contracts, multiple award indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contracts, General Services Administration (GSA) multiple award schedule (MAS) contracts and Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs). [See Rough Waters Ahead: Navigating Through the Risks and Uncertainties Surrounding GSA's MAS Schedule Program]. Our experience includes:
- Advising clients regarding the requirements and GSA-specific clauses that apply to MAS and GWAC contracts, including commercial sales practices (CSP) disclosures, price reductions, audits/contractor assist visits and other GSA Schedule contracting issues.
- Advising clients regarding the different terms and conditions that apply to contracts for commercial items under Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 12, including assisting commercial item contractors with pricing issues, claims and disputes, and terminations of commercial item contracts.
- Advising clients regarding the unique requirements that apply to Department of Defense (DOD) when it uses commercial item contracts for weapons acquisition programs.
- Assisting clients with GSA audits, subpoenas, and suspension and debarment proceedings.
- Working closely with commercial IT vendors and other commercial companies that are entering the Government marketplace for the first time to help develop an understanding of the unique rules, regulations and compliance obligations associated with government contracts.
ISSUE: WINTER 2013