Aviation | AVIATION REGULATION AND POLICY
The Aviation Practice provides regulatory guidance and public policy support to domestic and foreign airlines, charter operators, business aircraft operators, airports, maintenance/repair facilities, aircraft/avionics manufacturers, fixed-based operators, and industry service providers. We represent our clients before the federal aviation regulators: the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Transportation Security Administration (TSA). We advance clients' interests before federal legislators, as well as the administrative agencies.
- Draft and comment upon federal agency rule-makings affecting clients' business and industries.
- Advise our clients on the impact of new regulations and compliance with all regulations and agency actions.
- Represent clients in defense of regulatory enforcement actions before the federal agencies.
- Structure novel business models for air transportation within a highly regulated environment.
- Assist airlines in obtaining access to slot-controlled U.S. airports.
- Support foreign air carriers in obtaining international authority to serve U.S. destinations.
- Support U.S. carriers in securing rights to serve international locations under international agreements.
- Assist regulated carriers in opposing or seeking to change U.S. regulatory policies affecting aviation operations.
- Prepare and file applications and petitions for air service, waivers of restrictions, support, and opposition of petitions.
- Develop an integrated congressional, executive, and regulatory strategy to reach all stakeholders and decision makers.
- Build alliances within and across industries to build momentum and consensus for key issues.
- Develop and disseminate strategic statements and work product to advance our position.
- Make and support contact with government decision-makers.
- Provide low-cost carrier with general counsel services and representation in the sale of aircraft and multiple financing transactions.
- Represent investment firm in the acquisition and sale of aircraft and U.S. regulatory compliance.
ISSUE: MARCH 2014