Aviation | AVIATION REGULATION AND POLICY
The Aviation Practice provides regulatory guidance and public policy support to domestic and foreign airlines, charter operators, business aircraft operators, airports, maintenance/repair facilities, aircraft/avionics manufacturers, fixed based operators and industry service providers. We represent our clients before the federal aviation regulators (Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Transportation Security Administration (TSA)). We advance clients' interests before federal legislators, as well as the administrative agencies.
- Draft and comment upon federal agency rulemakings affecting clients' business and industries.
- Advise our clients on the impact of new regulations and compliance with all regulations and agency actions.
- Represent clients in defense of regulatory enforcement actions before the federal agencies.
- Structure novel business models for air transportation within a highly regulated environment.
- Assist airlines in obtaining access to slot-controlled U.S. airports.
- Support foreign air carriers in obtaining international authority to serve U.S. destinations.
- Support U.S. carriers in securing rights to serve international locations under international agreements.
- Assist regulated carriers in opposing or seeking to change U.S. regulatory policies affecting aviation operations.
- Prepare and file applications and petitions for air service, waivers of restrictions, support and opposition of petitions.
- Develop an integrated congressional, Executive and regulatory strategy to reach all stakeholders and decision makers.
- Build alliances within and across industries to build momentum and consensus for key issues.
- Develop and disseminate strategic statements and work product to advance our position.
- Make and support contact with government decision makers.
- Provide low-cost carrier with general counsel services and representation in the sale of aircraft and multiple financing transactions.
- Represent investment firm in the acquisition and sale of aircraft and U.S. regulatory compliance.
ISSUE: FALL 2012