Employment & Labor | LABOR PRACTICE
Many of our clients face the legal and practical challenges posed by unions representing or seeking to represent their employees. We represent clients in the full spectrum of labor matters, including assisting employers in maintaining a union-free workforce and in responding to organizational campaigns and elections involving labor organizations. Our Practice provides ongoing counseling and representation regarding issues arising under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) and the Railway Labor Act (RLA). We also represent employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and address unfair labor practice proceedings and related NLRB matters. In addition, our attorneys represent employers during collective bargaining and grievance arbitrations. As part of our RLA practice, we represent management interests before the National Mediation Board and litigate contract disputes in system board arbitrations.
Recent labor matters handled by our attorneys include:
- Representing an employer against a union "corporate campaign."
- Successfully representing an employer in response to a bargaining unit clarification petition.
- Representing manufacturers in the context of a union decertification and withdrawal of union recognition.
- Representing a health care provider in multiple collective bargaining agreement grievance arbitrations.
- Defending employers against unfair labor practice charges and complaints filed before the NLRB, including the representation of unionized and non-union employers.
- Successfully defending an employer against a series of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)-based arbitrations advanced by a union in the context of a decertification effort.
RECENT NEWSSupreme Court to Review Administrative Procedure Act’s Notice and Comment Requirements in Context of Interpretative Rules
June 16, 2014