J.D., magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center; Order of the Coif
B.A., Davidson College
Bar and Court Admissions
*District of Columbia (Pending, supervised by principals of the firm)
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Alex represents professional liability and general liability insurers in coverage litigation. He also assists with counseling insurers on coverage issues and serves as monitoring counsel for insurers under various professional liability and general liability insurance policies. Alex, a certified Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt, uses the LLSI process and project management tools to continually improve the value proposition the firm delivers to its clients.
- Obtained summary judgment in Florida federal district court that employment practices liability insurer had no duty to defend or indemnify a licensing action involving a dentist alleged to have engaged in sexual misconduct with sedated minor patients. Turbyfill v. Scottsdale Indem. Co., 3:14-cv-283, 2016 WL 741657 (N.D. Fla. Feb. 24, 2016).
- Drafts pleadings and motions on behalf of insurers in coverage litigation.
- Assists in monitoring complex litigation in state and federal courts and counsels professional liability insurers on coverage issues with respect to such litigation.
- Conducts legal research addressing numerous substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in insurance litigation.
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Victor Wolski, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2014)
- Intern, NASDAQ OMX, Office of General Counsel (2014)
- Legislative Assistant, Locke Lord LLP (2012-2013)
- Staff Assistant, U.S. House of Representatives, Office of Congresswoman Virginia Foxx (2011-2012)
News & Insights
*Not admitted to the DC bar. Supervised by the principals of the firm.