J.D., American University Washington College of Law
B.A., B.S., Indiana University
Articles Editor, Administrative Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Supreme Court of Virginia
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Amanda represents and counsels clients in a variety of intellectual property matters, with a particular focus in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and chemical fields. She has experience in patent prosecution and litigation and has participated in a patent appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Amanda has worked with clients on cases involving Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) litigation, patent infringements, and breach of contract issues. A certified Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt, Amanda uses the LLSI process and project management tools to continually improve the value proposition the firm delivers to its clients.
- Advises clients on matters involving Hatch-Waxman litigation, pharmaceutical products, and chemical compositions.
- Assisted in drafting motions and briefs brought before U.S. district courts, the U.S. Court of Appeal for the Federal Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Represented client in an international arbitration related to licensing issues of a biopharmaceutical product.
- Experience working with clinical and scientific experts to prepare reports during expert discovery.
- Pro bono work activities include successfully representing American veterans before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
- Research and Development Associate, MedImmune, LLC (2007-2010)
- Dean’s Fellow, American University Washington College of Law, Legal Rhetoric Department
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Chemical Society