J.D., with high honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
Ph.D., California Institute of Technology
B.A., Columbia College of Columbia University
Law Clerk for the Honorable Raymond C. Clevenger III, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (1998-1999)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
New York Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Arie serves as consulting counsel to Wiley Rein LLP. He has over 15 years of experience as a patent lawyer and IP litigator, with particular expertise in ANDA and biotechnology patent litigation, as well as in strategic counseling, IP due diligence investigations, and patent prosecution, particularly in the areas of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and industrial chemistry. Arie is the founder of Lion Legal Products, a legal technology company specializing in cloud-based lawyer workspaces.
- Litigates patent disputes in a variety of technologies, with a particular emphasis on Hatch-Waxman cases involving small-molecule drugs, agrosciences, biosimilars, and industrial chemistry.
- Member of several successful ANDA litigation teams involving small molecule drugs including esomeprazole (Nexium®), venlafaxine (Effexor XR®), and olanzapine (Zyprexa®).
- Has taken over 50 depositions in cases involving small molecule drugs and agroscience products.
- Served as lead counsel in a successful Section 1782 proceeding to obtain discovery for use in foreign litigation on behalf of a major agroscience company.
- Led several IP due diligence teams involving large transactions on behalf of major pharmaceutical and industrial chemistry companies.
- Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Lion Legal Products Inc. (2013-2016)
- Patent Examiner in Biotechnology, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (1994-1995)