J.D., with highest honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif; Anne Wells Branscomb Award (for graduating first in the class of evening law students)
B.A., with highest distinction, Purdue University; Phi Beta Kappa
Managing Editor, The George Washington Law Review
Law Clerk for the Honorable Deborah K. Chasanow, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland (2012-2013)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Ashley serves as consulting counsel to Wiley Rein LLP. She represents professional liability insurers in coverage disputes involving claims against attorneys, accountants, real estate appraisers, and other professionals. Ashley also serves as defense counsel for lawyers and accountants in pending professional liability lawsuits, threatened claims, and disciplinary proceedings.
- Represents attorneys and accountants in defending complex or high exposure malpractice, negligent misrepresentation, and defamation lawsuits.
- Provides ethics advice to law firms and represents attorneys before disciplinary authorities.
- Represents insurance carriers in state and federal trial and appellate courts around the country in coverage and “bad faith” cases.
- Counsels insurers on complex coverage, claims-handling, and compliance issues.
- Assists insurers in evaluating potential exposure from complex claims asserted against insured professionals.
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Henry H. Kennedy, Jr., U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2010-2011)
- Summer Law Intern, U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, Commercial Litigation Branch (2010)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Defense Research Institute
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Professional Liability: Defense by Super Lawyers magazine (2016-2017)
News & Insights
- April 2017 | ArticleNorth Carolina Supreme Court Holds That the Typical Auditor-Client Engagement Does Not Create a Fiduciary RelationshipSecond Quarter 2017 PLUS Journal
- June 7, 2016 | Press Release
- April 2016 | ArticleApril 2016 PLUS Journal
- August 2015 | ArticleNorth Carolina Supreme Court Grants Discretionary Review of Decision Regarding Auditor Liability, Including Whether an Auditor May Owe Fiduciary Duties to Its ClientPLUS Journal Vol. XXVIII, No. 8
- August 2015 | Newsletter
- July 2015 | Newsletter
- July 2015 | Newsletter
- June 2015 | NewsletterClaimant Who Successfully Establishes Coverage But Loses Liability Suit Is a “Prevailing Party” for New Jersey’s Fee Statute
- June 2015 | Newsletter
- June 3, 2015 | ArticleLaw360Kimberly A. Ashmore, Ashley E. Eiler
- May 2015 | ArticleIowa Adopts Requirements for Policyholders to Disclose Correspondence with Insurer in Any Civil Litigation Where Coverage May Be ContestedABA LPL eAdvisory
- April 2015 | Newsletter
- March 2015 | Newsletter
- February 2015 | NewsletterReturn of Fees Exclusion Does Not Bar Coverage For Suit Arising From Client's Payments to Law Firm Pursuant to Invalidated Contingent Fee Agreement
- March 8, 2012 | ArticleABA's Insurance Coverage LitigationBenjamin C. Eggert, Ashley E. Eiler