J.D., T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond and Cambridge University (Emmanuel College), England
B.A., University of Virginia
Law Clerk for the Honorable W. Curtis Sewell, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (1989-1990)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Tenth, and District of Columbia Circuits
U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia, Western District of Virginia, District of Maryland, and District of Columbia
Attison counsels and represents clients in a variety of general business, employment and government contracts matters, many of which are in litigation or arbitration. These matters include breach of contract, breach of duty, unfair competition, inevitable disclosure, trade name, trade secret and trademark disputes, as well as non-competition, non-solicitation, shareholder and partnership suits and other business torts, including tortious interference with contract, fraud and misrepresentation, lender liability and false claims.
A former law clerk in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (known as the “Rocket Docket”), Attison has considerable experience litigating in the court.
- Litigates complex commercial disputes, as well as employment and government contract disputes in state and federal courts across the country.
- Handles domestic and international arbitrations for large American and foreign clients.
- Counsels companies that seek to protect intellectual property rights and trade secrets from former employees and other entities.
- Defends shareholder derivative actions and similar breach of duty claims.
- Counsels clients on internal investigations of wrongdoing.
- American Bar Association (ABA), Sections of Litigation and Intellectual Property, Strategic Alliances and Teaming Agreements Committee
- Federal Bar Association (FBA)
- President and Board Member, Northern Virginia Chapter
- Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW)
- Board of Directors, T.C. Williams Law School Association (2004-2007)
- Virginia Bar Association
- Board of Governors
- Chair (2005) and Vice-Chair (2004), Civil Litigation Section
- Fellows Award for longstanding commitment to the Virginia Bar Association's Community Activities
- Emerson G. Spies Award for outstanding enthusiasm and dedication to the work of the Virginia Bar Association
News & Insights
- May 16, 2016 | Press ReleaseU.S. District Court Grants Motion to Dismiss for Wiley Rein Client Deutsche Telekom in Contractual Dispute with Cogent Communications
- June 4, 2014 | Media MentionLaw360
- February 14, 2014 | Press Release
- January 31, 2002 | Press Release