J.D., cum laude, Howard University School of Law
B.A., with distinction, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Managing Editor, Howard Law Journal
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
B'anca offers counsel to communications clients on a variety of regulatory, transactional, litigation, and compliance matters.
- Counsels communications clients on compliance with federal and state regulatory obligations.
- Advises clients on substantive issues affecting the communications industry.
- Researches and prepares comments and other written submissions to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on a variety of issues affecting communications clients.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice.
- Law Clerk, National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) (2012-2013)
- State Government Intern, State of North Carolina, Office of the Lieutenant Governor (2011)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
News & Insights
- 2017 | ArticleThe International Comparative Legal Guide to Telecoms, Media & Internet Laws & Regulations 2017
- October 20, 2016 | Press ReleasePlaintiffs Hail U.S. Department of Justice Intervention in Pocomoke City Race Discrimination and Retaliation Case
- October 2016 | Newsletter
- September 21, 2016 | Alert
- August 10, 2016 | ArticleCircleID
- August 10, 2016 | Press Release
- June 2, 2016 | Press ReleasePlaintiffs in Pocomoke City Race Discrimination Case Refute Defendants’ Baseless Attempts to Excuse Misconduct, Citing EEOC Support
- April 5, 2016 | AlertSummary of the April 1, 2016 NPRM: Protecting the Privacy of Customers of Broadband and Other Telecommunications Services (WC Docket No. 16-106; FCC 16-39)
- March 21, 2016 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Argues on Behalf of Tennessee in High-Profile Sixth Circuit Case Involving FCC’s Attempt to Preempt State Rules on Municipal Broadband
- February 23, 2016 | Alert
- February 9, 2016 | Alert
- January 21, 2016 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein, Washington Lawyers’ Committee, and ACLU of Maryland Jointly File Federal Lawsuit Challenging Pattern of Race Discrimination and Retaliation Against African American Police Officers on the Eastern Shore of Maryland
- November 13, 2015 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Obtains Ninth Circuit Victory for Pro Bono Client in Case Involving Federal Quiet Title Act
- November 4, 2015 | Press Release
- August 2015 | Newsletter
- July 28, 2015 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Attorneys Secure Victory in Defending the Constitutionality of the Federal Arbitration Act
- July 22, 2015 | Press ReleaseFormer Pocomoke Police Chief Represented by Wiley Rein and Washington Lawyers’ Committee in Wrongful Termination Case
- May 2015 | Newsletter
- March 2, 2015 | ArticlePresident's Controversial Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights Act Informs Federal Privacy Dialogue, but is Unlikely to Pass