J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., with special distinction, University of Oklahoma; Phi Beta Kappa
Senior Editor, Georgetown Journal of International Law
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Bonnie represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability policies and offers counsel to telecommunications and media clients on a variety of regulatory and litigation matters.
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with professional liability claims.
- Conducts legal research and drafts pleadings addressing a wide variety of procedural and substantive issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Counsels telecommunications and media clients on litigation matters and compliance with federal regulatory obligations.
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Beryl A. Howell, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2014)
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Legislative Affairs (2013)
- Legal Intern, Federal Communications Commission, Office of General Counsel (2012)
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Robin J. Cauthron, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma (2012)
- Legislative Assistant, Capitol Decisions, Inc. (2009-2011)
News & Insights
- November 2016 | NewsletterInsured Not Prejudiced by Insurer’s Failure to Attend Settlement Meetings; Alaska Law Precluding Recoupment of Defense Costs Preempted by Federal Risk Retention Group Statute
- October 27, 2016 | ArticlePost-Spokeo, Data Breach Defendants Can't Get Spooked - They Should Stand Up To the Class Action Plaintiff BoogeymanBeazley Breach InsightsBonnie Thompson Wise
- September 2016 | NewsletterAttorney’s Reporting of Alleged Ethics Violations Not “Professional Services”; Eight-Month Delay in Providing Notice Precludes Coverage as a Matter of Law
- August 2016 | Newsletter
- August 2016 | NewsletterDeclaratory Judgment Complaint Not Subject to Insurer’s Motion to Dismiss Based on Conversion of Funds Exclusion
- June 2016 | NewsletterAppeals Court Vacates Ruling that Breach of Contract Exclusion Barred Coverage, Remands for Consideration of Choice of Law
- January 7, 2016 | Press Release
- December 2015 | NewsletterInsurer Failed to Show Claims Were Not Interrelated; Not Entitled to Summary Judgment for Suit Seeking Disgorgement
- November 2015 | NewsletterPolicies Do Not Provide Coverage for Claim Stemming from Pre-Continuity Date Subpoena and Acts of Subsidiary Prior to Acquisition by Insured
- October 2015 | NewsletterLawyer Rendered “Professional Services” in Failure to Advise Investment Transaction Counterparty Regarding Title Insurance
- September 2015 | NewsletterInsurer Not Required to Advance Defense Costs Under A-Side Policy on Pro Rata Basis with Underlying D&O Policy
- July 2015 | NewsletterInsurer Waived Right to Rescind Where Its Agents Knew of Facts that ‘Distinctly Implied’ Information on Policy Application Was Incorrect
- July 2015 | NewsletterFraudulent Overbilling Likely Is “Professional Services” But Coverage Barred by Fraudulent Acts Exclusion
- June 23, 2015 | Press Release
- June 2015 | NewsletterInsurer Entitled to Discover Insured’s Communications with Broker, Defense Counsel Prior to Date of Final Coverage Denial and Communications with Defense Counsel Regarding Allocation Issues
- June 2015 | Newsletter
- April 2015 | NewsletterContract-Related Breach and Negligence Damages Constitute “Loss;” Coverage Precluded by Warranty Exclusion