J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., Davidson College
Development Editor, Journal of Law and Politics
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Brandon represents corporate and individual clients in government and internal investigations, civil and regulatory enforcement matters, and other litigation. She also advises a broad range of companies on privacy, telecommunications, compliance, and new media issues.
- Litigates False Claims Act (FCA) cases and other complex federal actions.
- Conducted general defense/compliance work in relation to a multi-agency federal fraud investigation of a health care field professional.
- Manages the preservation, collection, and production of electronically stored information in response to government subpoenas, civil investigative demands, and civil litigation.
- Represents executives and corporations facing Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigations.
- Supports foreign acquisitions of critical U.S. infrastructure companies in conjunction with the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) process and negotiations with Team Telecom.
- Assists companies with complex compliance and security issues.
- Conducts internal investigations to assess allegations of misconduct, potential exposure and any appropriate disclosures or corrective actions.
- Monitors and tracks regulatory actions that could affect clients.
- Assists companies with an online presence in the development of website terms and conditions statements.
- Intern, the Honorable Anthony Trenga, Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (2009)
- Senior Account Manager (2007-2008), Account Manager (2006-2007), Associate Account Manager (2006), DCI Group
- Intern, Office of the Whip, U.S. House of Representatives
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Criminal Justice
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
News & Insights
- June 29, 2016 | Alert
- June 17, 2016 | Media MentionRisk & Insurance
- June 9, 2016 | Online Webinar | SpeakerThe Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: 2016 Enforcement and Compliance PrioritiesWiley Rein
- April 2016 | Newsletter
- March 10, 2016 | Article
- February 29, 2016 | Article
- June 11, 2015 at Noon - 1 pm | Wiley Rein Webinar | Speaker
- January 22, 2015 | Article
- December 4, 2014 | Press Release
- June 27, 2014 | Speaker
- March 28, 2014 | AlertBy Ralph J. Caccia, Brandon J. Moss
- Winter 2014 | Newsletter
- February 18, 2014 | Press Release
- February 14, 2014 | ArticleBloomberg BNA's International Trade Daily Bulletin; Bloomberg BNA's International Trade Reporter
- November 27, 2013 | Press Release
- January 2013 | Newsletter
- December 2012 | AlertFCPA: What the DOJ and SEC’s Long-Awaited Guidance Means for BusinessThe Metropolitan Corporate Counsel Volume 20, No. 12
- November 2012 | Newsletter
- October 10, 2012 | AlertSixth Circuit Hits the Brakes on District Court’s FCA Ruling, Noting the FCA is not a Vehicle to Police Technical Compliance with Complex Federal Regulations
- August 6, 2012 | ArticleGovernment Contracts Law360
- August 3, 2012 | AlertThe Fifth Circuit Rules that Government Employees Can Blow the Whistle on Alleged False Claims Act Violations
- July 27, 2012 | Press Release
- June 2012 | Newsletter
- May 2012 | Newsletter
- April 2012 | Newsletter
- March 2012 | ArticleProtecting Consumer Privacy in an Era of Rapid Change: Summary of the FTC Final ReportBy Amy E. Worlton, Brandon J. Moss
- March 14, 2012 | ArticleProposed New European Union Data Regulation Offers Benefits and Poses Challenges for U.S. BusinessesBloomberg Technology LawBy David A. Gross, Brandon J. Moss
- Winter 2012 | Newsletter
- February 22, 2012 | Alert
- February 2012 | Newsletter