J.D., magna cum laude, Northwestern University School of Law; Order of the Coif; Wigmore Scholar
B.A., magna cum laude, College of William and Mary; Monroe Scholar
Articles Editor, Northwestern Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Carolyn counsels clients on environmental, safety, and chemical regulatory law. She advises clients on regulatory compliance with an array of federal and state laws, including the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), the Natural Gas Act, the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and a variety of state environmental laws. Carolyn also assists clients with export controls and sanctions issues.
- Advises battery recycling organizations on chemical substance regulations, including compliance with TSCA.
- Counsels clients regarding the Natural Gas Act, NEPA, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s agency procedures.
- Assists clients in complex litigation, including matters related to federal pesticide registration and state stewardship programs.
- Advises food companies on issues such as food and product safety, licensing, and false advertising.
- Counsels clients on export controls and economic sanctions administered by the Bureau of Industry and Securities (BIS), the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Student Intern, Bluhm Legal Clinic Environmental Advocacy Center (2014-2015)
- Legal Intern, Legal Services of Northern Virginia (2013)
News & Insights
- November 2016 | NewsletterDOJ Releases Guidance for Business Organizations Regarding Voluntary Self-Disclosures in Export Control and Sanctions Investigations
- September 2016 | Newsletter
- June 6, 2016 | Alert
- April 2016 | Newsletter
- January 2016 | Newsletter
- September 2015 | ArticleSplitting the Bill: Creating a National Car Insurance Fund to Pay for Accidents in Autonomous VehiclesNorthwestern Law Review, Vol. 109:3Carolyn R. Schroll