J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.S., cum laude, Radford University
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Eighth, and District of Columbia Circuits
U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
Chris is an experienced litigator, appearing regularly before federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and state regulatory commissions. He also appears on behalf of clients in a variety of alternative dispute resolution settings, including arbitrations and mediations.
- Represents telecommunications companies and equipment manufacturers in complex litigation and regulatory proceedings involving domestic and international competition policy, rate-setting methodologies and disputes, the deployment of broadband infrastructure, joint use and pole attachment issues, universal service and E-Rate compliance, and equipment authorizations.
- Counsels clients on compliance with state and federal regulations, the development of regulatory strategies, the negotiation and drafting of interconnection, joint use and service agreements, and the development, defense, and critique of telecommunications cost models and methodologies.
- Served as counsel to numerous foreign airlines in challenges to new airport terminal charges at the Newark International Airport and the Los Angeles International Airport.
- Represents corporate and individual clients before trial and appellate courts on a broad array of civil and criminal matters.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Advisory Board, Bloomberg BNA's Communications Environmental & Land Use Report (CELULR)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Board of Directors, International Telecommunications Society (ITS) (2006-2011)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Telecom and Broadcast Regulatory Law (2010-2012, 2015-2016)
- Named Legal Elite, Readers Pick Top Local Attorneys by Washington SmartCEO (2009-2010)
News & Insights
- May 1, 2013 | ArticleRound Two: Joint Use After the D.C. Circuit's Pole Attachment DecisionBNA’s Communications Environmental & Land Use Law Report, Vol. 2013, No. 5By Christopher S. Huther, Claire J. Evans
- February 27, 2013 | Press Release
- March 13, 2012 | New Orleans, LA | SpeakerChallenges to the FCC's Pole Attachment Order ... and What Lies AheadUTC Joint Use and Wireless Collocation Summit 2012
- November 2, 2011 | Cleveland, OH | SpeakerFCC Update -- Projections for What is to Come -- Legal PanelHeartland Conference
- September 20, 2011 | Long Beach, CA | SpeakerWestern Energy Institute's 2011 Joint Use Conference
- August 8, 2011 | Press Release
- June 2011 | ArticleThe FCC's Pole Attachment Order and the Future of Joint UseCommunications Environmental & Land Use Law Report (CELULR), Vol. 2011, No. 6
- May 13, 2011 | Long Beach, CA | SpeakerFCC Pole Attachment Order: Blood, Sweat and CheersUTC Telecom 2011 Pole Attachment Regulatory Update Workshop
- May 4, 2011 | Detroit, MI | SpeakerThe Effects of the April 7 FCC Pole Attachment Order -- A Legal PerspectiveHeartland Conference
- April 26, 2011 | SpeakerThe Pole Attachment Order and the Future of Joint UseBNA Webinar