J.D., Duke University School of Law
B.A., cum laude, Middlebury College
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of International Trade
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Chris represents clients on international trade law and policy matters, including antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, global trade policy and trade negotiations, export control regulations, trade sanctions regulations, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Represents clients in trade litigation before the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), the U.S. Court of International Trade, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Represents clients before Congress and the Executive branch on potential changes to U.S. trade laws, trade remedies, and trade negotiations.
- Advises clients on export controls and economic sanctions administered by the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Provides guidance to clients regarding the FCPA, including internal audits and investigations, compliance programs, and acquisition due diligence.
- Law Clerk, U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts, Criminal Division (2002)
- Professional Staff Member, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee (2000-2001)
- Deputy Legislative Director and Legislative Assistant to U.S. Senator Paul D. Coverdell (1999-2000)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in International Trade Law (2014)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for International by Super Lawyers magazine (2013-2015)
News & Insights
- July/August 2016 | ArticleSteel Times International
- April 2016 | Article
- April 13, 2016 | Press Release
- April 23, 2015 | Press Release
- January 29, 2015 | Press Release
- June 26, 2014 | Press Release
- April 25, 2014 | Press Release
- November 12, 2013 | Arlington, VA | Speaking EngagementFederal Publications Seminars
- October 2013 | ArticleINDUSTRY TODAY, Vol. 16, No. 9
- July 2013 | Article
- April 19, 2013 | Press Release
- January 2, 2013 | Press Release
- Spring 2012 | ArticleA NAFTA Industry Perspective on the Impact of SOEs on the Global Steel Market
- May 9, 2012 | Washington, DC | SpeakerDue Diligence in Government Contract Mergers & AcquisitionsFederal Publications Seminars
- January 24, 2012 | Miami Beach, FL | SpeakerNatural Resources Nationalism: Implications for the U.S. Steel IndustryRyan's Notes Metallics Meeting
- November 2, 2011 | Washington, DC | SpeakerDue Diligence in Government Contract Mergers & AcquisitionsFederal Publications Seminars
- May 11, 2011 | Washington, DC | SpeakerDue Diligence in Government Contract Mergers & AcquisitionsFederal Publications Seminars
- Spring 2011 | ArticleIndustry Today Vol. 14, Issue 1By Alan H. Price, Christopher B. Weld
- October 15, 2010 | Press Release
- July 30, 2007 | Press Release