J.D., magna cum laude, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law; Order of the Coif
B.A., Brown University
Notes and Comments Editor, Maryland Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar (Pending, supervised by principals of the firm)
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Colin counsels and represents government contractors and other companies on a broad range of legal issues, including bid protests, contract claims, and complex litigation in federal and state courts. A certified Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt, Colin uses the LLSI process and project management tools to continually improve the value proposition the firm delivers to its clients.
- Counsels government contracting clients on compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Represents government contractors in bid protests before the Government Accountability Office.
- Conducts internal investigations and advises on potential liability, disclosure obligations, and corrective actions.
- Represents government contractors in connection with complex litigation.
- Represents pro bono clients in disability benefits and employment discrimination matters.
- Law Clerk, Maryland Office of the Attorney General, Educational Affairs Division (2016)
- Judicial Extern, The Honorable Richard D. Bennett, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland (2015)
- Legal Extern, United States Attorney’s Office (2014)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Richard J. Leon, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2014)
- Tight End, Atlanta Falcons (2013)
- Tight End, Jacksonville Jaguars (2011-2012)
- Tight End, San Francisco 49ers (2010-2011)
- Tight End, Indianapolis Colts (2009-2010)
- Tight End, Cleveland Browns (2009)
News & Insights
- April 27, 2017 | Alert
- February 14, 2017 | Alert
- January 24, 2017 | ArticleLaw360Roderick L. Thomas, Colin J. Cloherty
- January 13, 2017 | Alert
- September 30, 2016 | AlertAgencies Finalize Rule Prohibiting Federal Contracts with Corporations that have Federal Tax Liability or a Felony Conviction
*Not admitted to the DC bar. Supervised by the principals of the firm.