J.D., magna cum laude, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., cum laude, College of the Holy Cross
Associate, The George Washington Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Colleen advises clients on regulatory requirements related to communications transactions and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Advises clients on satellite, earth station, submarine cable, and international telecommunications matters before the FCC and International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- Secures FCC approval for mergers, transfers of control, assignments, and private equity transactions involving regulated communications companies. Ensures transaction documents and purchase agreements reflect regulatory obligations and conducts due diligence analyses.
- Assists clients with foreign ownership acquisitions of and investments in U.S. communications companies, including compliance with Section 310(b), negotiation of Team Telecom approvals, and counseling of FCC licensees subject to national security mitigation agreements.
- Obtains FCC licenses and access to spectrum for established and emerging operators of global fixed satellite service, mobile satellite service, satellite radio service, and broadband internet access.
- Ensures clients’ compliance with complex regulations, including processing rounds and first-come, first-served satellite licensing, orbital debris mitigation, milestones and bonds, replacement expectancies, and other FCC Part 25 rules.
- Develops advocacy positions for exclusive or shared spectrum allocations for new services and technologies in rulemaking proceedings.
- Drafts international traffic and revenue, circuit capacity, network outage, annual satellite, and other required reports for common carriers and private service providers.
- Represents clients in FCC enforcement proceedings.
- Claims Examiner, U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, Radiation Exposure Compensation Program (2000-2003)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee (2014-Present)
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia
News & Insights
- October 7, 2016 | AlertFCC Streamlines Its Broadcast Foreign Ownership Rules and Establishes New Framework for Public Companies to Assess Foreign Ownership Compliance
- September 7, 2016 | ArticleChanges to the FCC’s Bond Requirements Ease Burdens on Satellite LicenseesSatelliteFinance
- July 13, 2016 | Alert
- December 9, 2015 | Press Release
- February 24, 2015 | AlertFCC's Updated International Reporting Requirements in Effect for 2015 Reports - Changes Require Reporting by New Entities
- January 2, 2014 | Press Release
- August 15, 2008 | Press Release