J.D., American University Washington College of Law
B.A., Franklin & Marshall College
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
David serves as consulting counsel to Wiley Rein LLP. A former Vice President of the Federal Regulatory Affairs for AT&T Wireless Services, Inc., he has more than 35 years of experience representing large and small companies, equipment manufacturers, and trade associations before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). He assists clients with a range of telecommunications issues, focusing on wireless matters including corporate transactions, spectrum policy, spectrum auctions, and compliance issues.
- Handles the FCC aspects of transactions involving the purchase, sale, or lease of wireless spectrum and/or systems including some of the largest mergers between wireless carriers.
- Represents clients on all aspects of spectrum auctions, including preparation and filing of short forms and long forms and providing advice on anti-collusion issues.
- Advises clients on equipment authorization rules and policies. On behalf of a major equipment manufacturer, participated as an Alternate Member of the Telecommunications Access Advisory Committee, a Federal Advisory Committee whose actions led to the adoption of rules by the FCC to implement guidelines on making telecommunications equipment/services accessible to individuals with disabilities as required by Section 255 of the Communications Act.
- Counsels clients on all aspects of compliance with the FCC rules related to commercial and private mobile and fixed radio systems, including microwave.
- General Attorney, Cingular Wireless/AT&T Inc. (2004-2008)
Responsible for the FCC aspects of merger and acquisition activity; spectrum and auction issues; public safety/homeland security matters (including Emergency Alert System and 800 MHz interference); FCC licensing; microwave and microwave relocation issues; RF hazard issues; and Eligible Telecommunications Carrier (ETC) issues
- Vice President, Federal Regulatory Affairs, AT&T Wireless Services, Inc. (2000-2004)
Responsible for FCC licensing and license-related regulatory policy and strategy for compliance matters including National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance and FCC/FAA compliance. Handled FCC regulatory matters related to transactions and FCC regulatory compliance issues related to Sarbanes-Oxley
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)