J.D., magna cum laude, Howard University School of Law; Merit Scholar (all semesters)
B.S., magna cum laude, Towson University; Dean’s List (six semesters)
Senior Member, Howard Law Journal
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
U.S. Court of International Trade
Derick represents clients in a variety of international trade matters, including antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, export controls, and sanctions compliance programs.
- Represents clients in trade litigation before the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), and the Court of International Trade.
- Assists clients in compliance with export controls and economic sanctions maintained by the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Provides guidance on national security issues, including regulations promulgated by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) within the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- Represented World War II pro bono client in appeal seeking benefits from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs for injuries sustained during combat in France in 1944.
- Intern, U.S. International Trade Commission (2003-2011)
- Intern, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (2007)
News & Insights
- May 27, 2015 | ArticleAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogDerick G. Holt
- November 14, 2014 | Press Release
- September 9, 2014 | ArticleAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogDerick G. Holt
- February 27, 2013 | ArticleMaureen E. Thorson, Derick G. Holt
- December 4, 2012 | Alert
- August 16, 2012 | AlertAmy E. Worlton, Derick G. Holt