J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
B.A., University of Oregon
Staff Editor, Northwestern Journal of International Human Rights
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Dylan assists government contractors and other companies with a variety of matters related to government and internal investigations and litigation in the federal and state courts.
- Represents government contractors and other companies in connection with subpoenas, civil investigative demands, and other government investigations, including by the U.S. Department of Justice, agency Inspectors General, and congressional committees.
- Conducts internal investigations and advises on potential liability, disclosure obligations, and corrective actions.
- Manages the collection and factual analysis of electronically-stored information in connection with government and internal investigations and litigation.
- Litigates False Claims Act cases and commercial disputes in federal and state courts.
- Represents government contractors in appeals before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
- Represents pro bono clients in family law, disability benefits, and immigration law matters.
- Law Clerk, National Juvenile Defender Center (2008)
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Pathfinder, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) (2016)
News & Insights
- March 8, 2017 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Files Amicus Brief on Behalf of Key Nonprofit and Public Interest Groups in Critical Supreme Court Case Involving Rights of Naturalized U.S. Citizens
- February 2017 | NewsletterGot Grants? Public and Private Sector Federal Grant Recipients Not Immune to False Claims Act Liability
- December 2016 | ArticleWashington Legal Foundation Critical Legal Issues: Working Paper SeriesStephen J. Obermeier, Author, Dylan Hix, Author
- November 2016 | Newsletter
- November 1, 2016 | Press Release
- May 18, 2016 | Online Webinar | Speaking EngagementWiley Rein Government Contracts Boot Camp
- March 22, 2016 | Press Release
- February 19, 2016 | AlertEric W. Leonard, Dylan Hix
- September 18, 2015 | Press Release
- May 26, 2015 | AlertSupreme Court Rules the Statute of Limitations of the Civil False Claims Act is Not Tolled During Wartime
- April 2015 | ArticleU.S. Supreme Court Appears Poised to Eliminate Indefinite False Claims Act Tolling in Wartime and Could Permit Successive Qui Tam ActionsPratt's Government Contracting Law Report
- March 3, 2015 | ArticleBloomberg BNA's Federal Contracts Report
- January 13, 2015 | AlertU.S. Supreme Court Appears Poised to Eliminate Indefinite False Claims Act Tolling in Wartime and Could Permit Successive Qui Tam Actions
- July 1, 2014 | Alert
- January 16, 2014 | Alert
- June 24, 2013 | Alert
- May 15, 2013 | Article
- March 27, 2013 | Alert
- October 4, 2012 | AlertGovernment Contracts Law360Eric W. Leonard, Dylan Hix
- October 2012 | AlertYou're Hired? Balancing the Risks and Benefits of Criminal Background Checks in Hiring Is More Crucial Than Ever for Government ContractorsThe Metropolitan Corporate Counsel Vol. 20, No. 10