J.D., cum laude, American University Washington College of Law
B.A., American University
Note and Comment Editor, Administrative Law Journal
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Edgar has been practicing law for 18 years working exclusively in the communications law and policy fields. He has extensive experience in regulatory and transactional matters involving telecommunications services. His experience includes Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licensing requirements, mergers and acquisitions, spectrum auctions, foreign ownership issues, Universal Service Fund reform, E-rate and Lifeline programs, and disability access issues. Edgar also serves as chair of Wiley Rein’s Latino Lawyers Affinity Group.
- Advises companies on how to comply with the FCC's Hearing Aid Compatibility rules, Customer Proprietary Network Information rules, and the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010.
- Represented a provider of VoIP and broadband wide area network services on numerous E-rate appeals totaling over $12 million and obtained approval from the FCC and the California Public Utilities Commission for the sale of the company in a transaction valued at over $48 million.
- Represented a major airline providing Wi-Fi service to its frequent flyers in an FCC proceeding involving Over-the-Air-Reception-Devices rules against an airport requiring the airline to cease such operations.
- Represented a leading global media and technology company focused on developing, licensing, and providing television-oriented services such as electronic program guides.
- Represented an industry leader in Global Positioning System (GPS) technology in a rulemaking proceeding at the FCC to allow the company to design, manufacture, and market GPS-enhanced two-way radios using Family Radio Service frequencies.
- Represented Educational Broadband Service (formerly ITFS) licensees in contract negotiations for the lease of excess capacity spectrum.
- Attorney, Federal Communications Commission, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (1998-2000)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Journal Committee (2011-2013)
- Co-Chair, Diversity Committee (2002-2004, 2007-2010)
- Co-Chair, CLE Committee (2006-2007)
- Co-Chair, Relations With Other Bar Associations Committee (2005-2006)
- Nominations Committee (2004)
- Federal Communications Bar Association Foundation
- Co-Chair, Internship Stipend Committee (2011-2012)
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia (HBA-DC)
- President (2016)
- President-Elect (2015)
- Board of Directors (2013-2014)
- Chair, Professional Development Committee (2011-2012, 2014)
- Named one of City Year Washington, DC's Idealists of the Year (2012)
- Recipient of the Federal Communications Bar Association's Distinguished Service Award (2011-2012)
News & Insights
- November 30, 2016 | Press Release
- November 21, 2016 | Alert
- November 1, 2016 | Press Release
- August 5, 2016 | Alert
- January 15, 2016 | Press Release
- March 18, 2015 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementDiversity Advocate RoundtablePower Summit 2015Edgar Class, Panelist
- January 16, 2015 | Press Release
- September 11, 2014 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementFrom Net Neutrality to FCC Reform: Is It Time for a Re-Write of the Communications Act of 1934?39th Hispanic National Bar Association Annual ConventionEdgar Class, Moderator
- July 24, 2014 | Alert
- January 29, 2013 | Press Release
- May 22, 2012 | Press ReleaseCommunications Attorney Edgar Class Receives Member Spotlight Honor from the Hispanic Bar Association of DC
- February 4, 2011 | Alert