J.D., Drake University School of Law
M.A., Drake University School of Journalism & Mass Communications
B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Elizabeth is a seasoned communications professional with more than 20 years experience in the media industry, working with media companies in the legal and policy arenas. She represents radio and television companies before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and has provided counsel to broadcast stations, corporate management and general counsels on a wide variety of regulatory issues, with a special emphasis on the FCC’s Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) rules.
- Advises broadcast stations on the creation and implementation of FCC EEO programs; provides training seminars to station personnel and corporate counsel.
- Represents clients during the FCC EEO audit process, prepares mid-term/license renewal EEO filings and counsels broadcast stations on their annual reporting and routine recordkeeping obligations.
- Advises broadcast clients on other critical aspects of FCC regulatory compliance and the agency's related reporting obligations, including station licensing, license renewal, public file obligations, and children's programming.
- Successfully defended broadcast stations during FCC enforcement proceedings regarding indecency complaints.
- Guided television licensees through the build-out and licensing of digital television stations.
- Executed sale and purchase agreements in complex broadcast transactions.
- Law Clerk, Meredith Broadcasting (1997-1998)
- Legal Intern, Iowa Freedom of Information Council (1997)
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Justice (1996)
- Public Relations Account Executive, Grant/Jacoby, Inc. (1992-1995)
- Legislative Intern, Rep. Jeannette Bell, Wis. State Assembly (1991)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Diversity Committee (2008)
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBA)
News & Insights
- January 19, 2017 | AlertCan You Rely on Internet-Only Sources to Find Job Candidates? The FCC Seeks Comments on Broadcasters’ Employment Outreach
- January 10, 2017 | Alert
- November 7, 2016 | Alert
- September 7, 2016 | Alert
- August 12, 2016 | Media MentionElizabeth Goldin Discusses FCC Media Bureau Order Reaffirming Agency's Ban on Online-Only RecruitmentInside Radio
- July 7, 2016 | Alert
- May 5, 2016 | Alert
- March 3, 2016 | Alert
- January 8, 2016 | Alert
- November 5, 2015 | Alert
- September 9, 2015 | Alert
- July 6, 2015 | Alert
- April 29, 2015 | AlertElizabeth E. Goldin, Kathleen A. Kirby
- March 3, 2015 | Alert
- January 13, 2015 | Article
- November 11, 2014 | Alert
- September 8, 2014 | Alert
- July 10, 2014 | Alert
- May 6, 2014 | Alert
- March 5, 2014 | Alert
- January 7, 2014 | Alert
- November 11, 2013 | Alert
- September 4, 2013 | Alert
- July 2, 2013 | Alert
- May 13, 2013 | Alert
- February 20, 2013 | Alert
- January 8, 2013 | Alert
- November 13, 2012 | Alert
- September 10, 2012 | Alert
- July 2, 2012 | Alert
- May 3, 2012 | Alert
- January 6, 2012 | Alert
- November 9, 2011 | Alert