J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
B.S.F.S., cum laude, Georgetown University
Managing Editor, The George Washington Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Emily represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability insurance policies. A certified Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt, Emily uses the LLSI process and project management tools to continually improve the value proposition the firm delivers to its clients.
- Assists in monitoring complex litigation in connection with various types of professional liability policies.
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Drafts motions and pleadings on behalf of insurers involved in coverage litigation.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of procedural and substantive issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- E-Discovery Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, Office of FOIA, Records, and E-Discovery (2014)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Marvin J. Garbis, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland (2013)
- Public Policy Intern, The Constitution Project (2009-2010)
News & Insights
- July 1, 2017 | Newsletter
- June 2017 | NewsletterAllegations Concerning Wage Fixing in Violation of the Sherman Act Do Not Fall Within Professional Liability Coverage for “Counseling” Services
- May 2017 | NewsletterFailure to Defend and Bring Timely Coverage Action Precludes Insurer from Raising Policy Defenses Under Illinois Law
- May 2017 | Newsletter
- March 2017 | Newsletter
- February 2017 | NewsletterInsured v. Insured Exclusion Bars Coverage for Claim by FDIC Receiver Against Failed Bank’s Directors and Officers
- December 2016 | Newsletter
- November 2016 | Newsletter
- November 2016 | NewsletterCoverage Not Illusory Where Coverage is Unavailable for Claims Failing to Satisfy a Claims-Made-and-Reported Policy’s Requirements
- October 11, 2016 | Newsletter
- September 2016 | Newsletter
- September 6, 2016 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Files Amicus Brief in Supreme Court Case Regarding State and Local Governments’ Obligation to Ensure that Private Persons Comply with ADA
- August 2016 | Newsletter
- August 2016 | Newsletter
- July 2016 | NewsletterNo Coverage for Claims Made After Statutory Coverage Extension Period Upon Notice of Policy Non-Renewal
- June 2016 | Newsletter
- April 2016 | NewsletterLegal Fees Exclusion Bars Coverage for Arbitration Award that “In Substance” Reduced Fees Owed to Insured Law Firm
- March 2016 | Newsletter
- February 2016 | NewsletterExclusion For Certain Communications Narrowly Construed Not To Apply To Alleged Improper Publishing of DNA Test Results