J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan Law School
B.S., with honors, University of Maryland
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Eric represents clients on a variety of issues before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), including spectrum allocation, operational requirements, and transactional issues.
- Represents clients on transactional issues related to FCC licensees, including structuring domestic and non-U.S. investments, compliance with wireless attribution and control rules, and securing FCC approvals for acquisitions and transfers of control of authorizations.
- Advises mobile carriers on contracting issues, including agency, resale, leasing, operational support, and management contracts, as well as advising on structuring relationships to limit regulatory requirements for voice and data networks.
- Counsels on structuring, financing, and transactions related to designated entities to ensure compliance with FCC guidelines for preferential auction treatment.
- Advises clients on FCC spectrum allocation matters, repurposing of radio spectrum, developing regulatory strategies for modified radio uses through rulemaking reallocations and waiver adjudication procedures, as well as rebanding, clearing, and cost-sharing related to relocation of private and government incumbents.
- Counsels clients on FCC regulation of private and commercial mobile radio services and products, including cellular, personal communications service (PCS) and advanced wireless service (AWS) telecommunications systems, messaging systems, experimental operations, and unlicensed devices.
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Telecom and Broadcast Regulatory Law (2013-2014)
- BV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's high to very high ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
News & Insights
- June 28, 2016 | San Francisco, CA | Speaking EngagementAmerican Conference Institute's 2nd Annual FCC Boot CampEric W. DeSilva, Speaker
- February 3, 2016 | Media MentionLaw360
- January 22, 2016 | Speaking EngagementAmerican Conference InstituteEric W. DeSilva, Robert M. McDowell
- June 25, 2015 | Press Release
- June 15, 2015 | AlertFCC Provides Broadcasters with More Channel Sharing Flexibility; Seeks Comment on Non-Auction Related Sharing Agreements
- June 20, 2014 | Atlanta, GA | Speaking EngagementRegulatory Hot Topics – The View from WashingtonAT&T CLE PresentationScott D. Delacourt, Eric W. DeSilva
- January 29, 2014 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Helps CTIA Secure Agreement with Los Angeles Television Stations for First U.S. Spectrum Channel Sharing Pilot Project
- July 25, 2013 | Alert
- October 3, 2012 | Alert
- September 28, 2012 | AlertEric W. DeSilva, Thomas S. Dombrowsky Jr.
- May 2012 | Newsletter
- May 2, 2012 | Alert
- April 27, 2012 | Alert