J.D., with highest honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., magna cum laude, University of Maryland
Member, The George Washington Law Review
Law Clerk for the Honorable Marvin J. Garbis, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland (1999-2000)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Ninth, and District of Columbia Circuits
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Eve represents broadcast and other communications clients in a wide variety of regulatory matters before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and in litigation before federal and state courts.
- Counsels clients on media ownership regulation by the FCC. Represents major broadcast companies in federal appellate challenges to FCC media ownership rulings and in all aspects of related FCC proceedings on media ownership issues.
- Represents broadband Internet access providers in administrative and appellate proceedings concerning "net neutrality" regulation. Counsel for Verizon in its successful challenge to the FCC's Open Internet rules before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. Previously represented Comcast Corporation in its successful appellate challenge to the FCC's first "net neutrality" decision. Also previously represented Verizon in appellate litigation concerning broadband regulation, including before the Ninth Circuit and Supreme Court in Brand X Internet Services v. FCC.
- Counsels clients on the FCC implications of bankruptcies, reorganizations and restructurings. Represented a major financial institution in FCC proceedings and FCC-related aspects of litigation stemming from the bankruptcy of Tribune Company.
- Represents major national broadcast and other communications companies in FCC rulemaking proceedings-and often in related litigation-involving a broad range of issues affecting the mass media, including the broadcast incentive auction, cable carriage issues, broadcast localism, and children's television.
- Represents major national broadcast and other communications companies in enforcement proceedings involving indecency, sponsorship identification, and a variety of other matters before the FCC.
- Advises broadcast companies on FCC compliance and reporting requirements with particular emphasis on media ownership, indecency, sweepstakes and contests, and advertising issues.
- Advises clients on regulation of telecommunications carriers and their access to rights-of-way by state and local governments. Represents a major national telecommunications company in rights-of-way litigation before federal and state appellate and trial courts.
- Represented a coalition of wireless carriers in successful litigation involving the first test of state legislative authority over wireless rates and business practices.
- Represents major national corporations and trade associations in federal district court and appellate litigation regarding the regulatory authority of a variety of federal agencies, including the FCC, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS).
- American Bar Association (ABA), Forum on Communications Law
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Women's Bar Association (WBA) of the District of Columbia
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Appellate Law (2016)
- Received 2016 Burton Award for Distinguished Legal Writing for “The FCC’s Expanding Use of Delegated Authority and the Dilemma of Appellate Jurisdiction”
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" for Media/Advertising (2016), for Communications (2014-2015), and "Rising Stars" for Communications (2013) by Super Lawyers magazine
News & Insights
- October 7, 2016 | AlertFCC Streamlines Its Broadcast Foreign Ownership Rules and Establishes New Framework for Public Companies to Assess Foreign Ownership Compliance
- September 30, 2016 | Alert
- September 7, 2016 | Alert
- September 1, 2016 | Alert2014 Quadrennial Regulatory Review—Review of the Commission’s Broadcast Ownership Rules, Second Report and Order Summary
- June 15, 2016 | Press Release
- May 26, 2016 | AlertThird Circuit Vacates Joint Sales Agreement Attribution Rule, Expresses Displeasure Regarding FCC Delay in Concluding Quadrennial Reviews, and Orders Mediation Regarding an Eligible Entity DefinitionEve Klindera Reed
- May 12, 2016 | Alert
- April 14, 2016 | Press Release
- April 6, 2016 | Alert
- April 4, 2016 | AlertFCC Rejects Petition to Expand Multilingual EAS; Imposes New Reporting Requirement for EAS ParticipantsEve Klindera Reed, Ari Meltzer
- March 28, 2016 | AlertProposed Changes to Emergency Alert System Could Impose New Burdens on Broadcasters, MVPDs, and Wireless ProvidersEve Klindera Reed, Ari Meltzer
- February 12, 2016 | Alert
- February 1, 2016 | AlertFCC Announces New Online Public File Functionality; Expands Requirement to Broadcast Radio, Satellite Radio, Cable, and DBS
- December 9, 2015 | Press Release
- December 8, 2015 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementEve Klindera Reed
- November 17, 2015 | ArticleRadio and Television Business Report
- November 16, 2015 | ArticleRadio and Television Business Report
- November 6, 2015 | Alert
- October 28, 2015 | AlertFCC Proposes to Streamline Foreign Ownership Approval Process for Broadcasters, Creating Potential for New Investment Opportunities
- September 30, 2015 | Media MentionThe Washington Post
- September 21, 2015 | AlertEve Klindera Reed, Kathryne C. Dickerson
- September 11, 2015 | AlertFCC Seeks Comment on Proposals to Update “Totality of the Circumstances” Test for Retransmission Consent Negotiations
- July 31, 2015 | Media MentionLaw360
- July 2015 | NewsletterConsumer Watchdog’s “Do Not Track” Petition – A Harbinger of the FCC’s New Role as Internet Privacy Cop?
- June 15, 2015 | Alert
- June 5, 2015 | AlertGregory L. Masters, Eve Klindera Reed
- May 19, 2015 | Phoenix, AZ | Speaking EngagementThe View from Washington: Hot Topics at the FCC and the View on Media Issues from Capitol HillMedia Financial Focus 2015Eve Klindera Reed, Panelist
- May 6, 2015 | Alert
- May 1, 2015 | Media MentionLaw360
- April 23, 2015 | Press Release
- Spring 2015 | ArticleCommunications Lawyer, Vol. 31, No. 2Eve Klindera Reed, Brett A. Shumate
- March 18, 2015 | Speaking EngagementThe FCC's Open Internet Order: A New Era of Broadband RegulationWiley Rein Webinar
- March 16, 2015 | Article
- July 1, 2014 | AlertEve Klindera Reed
- May 20, 2014 | Alert
- April 25, 2014 | Press Release“Super Lawyers” Recognizes 66 Wiley Rein Attorneys in Washington, DC Area Across 18 Areas of the Law
- April 17, 2014 | Alert
- March 31, 2014 | AlertFCC Acts to Attribute Television JSAs and Prohibit Joint Retransmission Consent Agreements; Initiates 2014 Quadrennial Ownership Review
- March 10, 2014 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementFederal Communications Bar Association CLE ProgramJoshua S. Turner, Moderator, Eve Klindera Reed, Speaker
- February 3, 2014 | ArticleBloomberg BNA's Telecommunications Law Resource Center
- January 22, 2014 | Media MentionLaw360
- January 15, 2014 | Press Release
- January 9, 2014 | AlertFTC Issues New Guidance to the Media Concerning False Weight Loss Claims in Ads; Sen. McCaskill Urges Prompt Compliance and Promises HearingEve Klindera Reed
- December 11, 2013 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementFederal Communications Bar Association CLE ProgramEve Klindera Reed, Panelist
- June 10, 2013 | Alert
- May 15, 2013 | Alert
- April 19, 2013 | Alert
- April 19, 2013 | Press Release
- April 10, 2013 | Las Vegas, NV | Speaking Engagement2013 NAB ShowEve Klindera Reed, Panelist
- April 2, 2013 | Alert
- November 21, 2012 | AlertComments Sought on Petition for Rulemaking to Amend the Federal Communications Commission's Contest Rule to Permit Online Disclosure of Material Contest Terms
- June 21, 2012 | Alert
- January 19, 2012 | Alert
- December 23, 2011 | Alert
- July 8, 2011 | AlertThird Circuit Vacates Newspaper/Broadcast Cross-Ownership Rule and Upholds FCC's Retention of Other Media Ownership Rules
- April 22, 2011 | Alert
- April 20, 2011 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementFederal Communications Bar Association CLE PresentationEve Klindera Reed, Speaker
- March 31, 2011 | New York, NY | Speaking EngagementUpdate from Washington on Federal Regulatory and Litigation Developments Relating to Internet, Television, Newspapers, and New MediaCLE PresentationEve Klindera Reed, Speaker
- August 28, 2009 | Press Release
- December 29, 2006 | Press Release
- June 9, 2006 | Press Release
- April 13, 2006 | Press Release
- December 12, 2005 | Press Release
- June 27, 2005 | Press ReleaseSummary of the Supreme Court's Decision in National Cable & Telecommunications Association v. Brand X Internet Services and FCC v. Brand X Internet Services