J.D., magna cum laude, Washington and Lee University School of Law; Order of the Coif
A.B., magna cum laude, Harvard University
Law Clerk for the Honorable Ellsworth A. Van Graafeiland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2000-2001)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Gary counsels and represents insurers in complex disputes arising under professional liability policies and general liability policies in a variety of contexts at the trial and appellate court levels.
- Regularly counsels clients on a variety of professional liability coverage issues, including the application of policy provisions in the bankruptcy context.
- Extensive experience providing counseling and in litigating claims under first-party policies and general liability policies in the environmental, product liability, and other contexts.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with numerous securities matters and novel professional liability exposures analyzing underlying matters and advising regarding liability and settlement.
- Obtained summary judgment in a pair of cases for a lawyers professional liability insurer concerning the application of "related claims" provisions to multiple underlying claims.
- Reviews and drafts policy forms and endorsements for an array of general liability and professional liability coverages.
- Commercial general liability and commercial property underwriter for small business risks (1995-1996)
- Recognized by Law360 as a "Rising Star" in Insurance (2012)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Insurance Law (2013)
News & Insights
- July 18, 2016 | ArticleLaw360Laura Lee Miller, Gary P. Seligman
- September 22, 2015 | ArticleLaw360Gary P. Seligman
- June 6, 2013 | Press Release
- June 4, 2013 | Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 25 Wiley Rein Lawyers Across Five Practices Nationally; Wiley and Senkowski Are "Leading Lawyers"
- March 27, 2012 | Press Release
- December 29, 2010 | Press Release
- December 31, 2007 | Press Release
- April 23, 2003 | Press Release