M.A., The Johns Hopkins University
B.A., University of Maryland
Areas of Specialty
George has extensive experience with U.S. and international hazardous materials and dangerous goods transportation regulations. He also serves as the Executive Director of PRBA – The Rechargeable Battery Association and represents the PRBA and other battery trade associations at domestic and international transportation forums such as the United Nations Subcommittee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Dangerous Goods Panel, and the International Maritime Organization (IMO). He has experience in the environmental law, policy, and regulatory fields and focuses on issues affecting the rechargeable battery industries as well as the portable electronics and electric vehicle industries. He conducts hazardous materials/dangerous goods training programs for shippers of lithium metal batteries and lithium ion batteries, portable electronic equipment, and electric vehicles.
- Monitors domestic and international legislative and regulatory developments affecting various segments of the rechargeable battery and electronics industries, including transportation and battery collection and recycling developments in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
- Interacts frequently with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), the International Air Transport Association, the International Civil Aviation Organization, the United Nations Subcommittee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods, the IMO, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Attends domestic and international transportation forums on hazardous materials/dangerous goods regulations and drafts proposed changes to the regulations affecting the battery and electronics industries.
- Conducts hazardous materials/dangerous goods training programs throughout the U.S.
- Secures Competent Authority Approvals and Special Permits from the DOT and foreign transportation agencies for shippers of hazardous materials/dangerous goods.
- Dangerous Goods Advisory Council (DGAC)
- Associate Member, Environmental Law Institute (ELI)
- Advisor, International Civil Aviation Organization, Dangerous Goods Panel
- Executive Director, PRBA - The Rechargeable Battery Association
- Observer, United Nations, Subcommittee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods
News & Insights
- January 2016 | Newsletter
- September 22-24, 2015 | Universal City, California | Speaking Engagement2015 Environmental, Health & Safety International Communications Conference
- September 2015 | Newsletter
- June 2015 | Newsletter
- May 20, 2015 | Miami, FL | Panel ModeratorThe International Air Cargo Association Executive Summit
- April 21, 2015 | San Diego, CA | SpeakerBattery Transportation Safety: Safe and Efficient Technological Strategies for Compliant Battery TransportationKnowledge Foundation Next Generation Batteries: 2015
- March 11, 2015 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL | Speaker32nd Annual International Battery Seminar & Exhibit
- February 2015 | Newsletter
- November 13, 2014 | Washington, DC | SpeakerNoncompliance and Enforcement of the International Lithium Battery Dangerous Goods Transport Regulations5th Annual Knowledge Foundation Battery Safety 2014
- November 4, 2014 | Guangzhou , China | SpeakerIATA 4th Lithium Battery Workshop
- October 2014 | Newsletter
- July 2014 | Newsletter
- April 8, 2014 | ArticleBattery Power Magazine
- January 2014 | Newsletter
- January 2014 | Newsletter
- November 2013 | Newsletter
- September 2013 | Newsletter
- June 2013 | Newsletter
- February 2013 | Newsletter
- January 2013 | Newsletter
- May 8, 2012 | Media MentionBatteries International
- March 2012 | Newsletter
- February 1, 2005 | Press Release