Ph.D., Microbiology & Immunology, University of Rochester
M.S., Biological Resources Engineering, University of Maryland
B.Eng., South China University of Technology
Jasmine is a patent agent with a Ph.D. in microbiology and immunology. Her area of specialty is intellectual property matters related to biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices. Prior to joining the firm, Jasmine was a member of the research faculty at Georgetown University, where she focused on therapeutic development for brain disorders and cancers.
- Utilizes broad scientific knowledge in microbiology, immunology, neuroscience, and bioengineering as well as knowledge of technology transfer and patent law within specialized analysis and strategy roles.
- Experience writing and editing federal grant proposals, manuscripts, technical reports, start-up business plans, patentability opinions, freedom-to-operate opinions, and provisional patent applications.
- Extensive technical experience with small molecule pharmaceuticals, vaccines, antibody engineering, genome editing, and virus-mediated gene delivery.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery (2013-Present)
- Technology Transfer Intern, Georgetown University, Office of Technology Commercialization (2015)
- Research Assistant Professor, Georgetown University Medical Center (2010-2015)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California, Department of Neurosurgery (2008-2010)
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of Rochester Medical Center (2003-2007)
- Research Assistant, University of Maryland, Microbiotechnology Laboratory (2001-2003)
- Association of Women in Science, DC Chapter (2010-2014)
- Vice President, Programs (2013-2014)