J.D., Brooklyn Law School
Master of Strategic Studies, US Army War College
B.S., Boston University
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
New York Bar
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Jennifer represents clients on all aspects of federal, state, and local procurement matters, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, government investigations and audits, suspension and debarment proceedings, civil false claims act actions, compliance issues, mergers and acquisitions, and other due diligence activities unique to government contractors. Her experience covers a wide variety of industries, including defense, intelligence, technology and software, government services, management consulting, and private equity investment in government contractors.
- Regularly represents clients in bid protests involving hundreds of millions of dollars before the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC).
- Has represented clients in connection with contract termination (both default and convenience) claims and litigation, including classified appeals. These matters have been successfully resolved through either negotiation, alternative dispute resolution (ADR), or litigation at the Boards of Contract Appeals.
- Extensive experience with government and internal investigations, contractor disclosures, compliance reviews, and subpoena responses.
- Represents government contractors and individuals in defense of suspension and debarment proceedings, including negotiation of administrative agreements resolving suspensions and debarments.
- Advises and assists clients in developing and implementing satisfactory ethics and compliance programs.
- Particular experience on issues relating to the facility clearance process, including negotiating foreign ownership, control, or influence (FOCI) mitigation instruments with the Defense Security Service (DSS), as well as the successful resolution of personnel security clearance challenges.
- Regularly counsels clients on teaming agreements and subcontracting matters, small business questions, and other issues related to socioeconomic matters, the protection of trade secrets, and conflict of interest issues.
- Counsels companies on issues of professional and reputational risk, particularly as they arise in the public sector.
- Represents investment funds and financial institutions in mergers and acquisitions involving billions of dollars, including evaluating the target company’s government business in the due diligence process and identifying areas of risk.
- Colonel, U.S. Army Reserve (2005-Present)
- Commander, 13th Legal Operations Detachment (Expert). Commands highly experienced Reserve Judge Advocates performing duties at the Office of The Judge Advocate General, U.S. Army Legal Services Agency, The Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School, and the U.S. Army Claims Service, Upper Marlboro, MD (2016-Present)
- Deputy Legal Counsel, Office of Legal Counsel to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, The Pentagon, Washington, DC (2012-2016)
- Vice Chair and Professor, Contract and Fiscal Law Department, The Judge Advocate General's Legal Center and School, Charlottesville, VA (2010-2012)
- Associate General Counsel, Office of the Army General Counsel, Defense Intelligence Agency, Directorate for Human Intelligence, Washington, DC (2007-2008)
- Senior Legislative Advisor, Military Personnel and Policy, Office of the Secretary of Defense, The Pentagon, Washington, DC (2005-2007)
- U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's (JAG) Corps (1996-2005)
- Trial Attorney, U.S. Army's Contract Appeals Division, Contract and Fiscal Law Division, U.S. Army Legal Services Agency (2002-2005)
- National Security Law Advisor and Intelligence Oversight Officer, U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM), Darmstadt, Germany (2000-2002)
- International and Operational Law Attorney, UNC/USFK/EUSA, Seoul, Republic of Korea (1999-2000)
- Criminal Defense Attorney, 2d Infantry Division, Tongduchon, Republic of Korea (1998-1999)
- Felony Prosecutor, Fort Carson, Colorado (1996-1998)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Public Contract Law
- Vice-Chair, Debarment and Suspension Committee (2012-Present)
- Board of Directors, Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association (2005-2008)
News & Insights
- November 28, 2016 | Arlington, VA | Speaking EngagementJennifer Schaus & AssociatesJennifer S. Zucker
- December 2015 | Newsletter
- August 21, 2014 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementABA's 9th Annual Homeland Security Law InstituteJennifer S. Zucker, Moderator
- June 20, 2014 | Press ReleaseSupreme Court Calls for the Views of The Solicitor General in Case That Wiley Rein Filed an Amicus Brief Urging Dismissal of State-Law Tort Suits Against Battlefield Support Contractors
- April 11, 2014 | AlertJennifer S. Zucker, Daniel B. Pickard
- December 2013 | ArticleSignificant Development Regarding Differential Pay for Federal Employees Mobilized Under “Voluntary” AuthorityService Members Law Center, Law Review 13160
- October 11, 2013 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Files Amicus Brief on Behalf of NDIA Urging Dismissal of State-Law Tort Suits Against Contractors for Battlefield Conduct
- July 18, 2013 | Press Release
- February 13, 2013 | AlertCombating Cyber-Terrorism: President Issues Executive Order on Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
- January 23, 2013 | Speaking EngagementCyber Security: Recent Developments and a Case for Self DefenseL2 Federal Resources Webinar
- May 14, 2012 | AlertJennifer S. Zucker, Jon W. Burd
- March 20, 2012 | Fort Belvoir, VA | Speaking Engagement2012 Comptroller Accreditation and Fiscal Law Course: Availability of Appropriation as to PurposeJennifer S. Zucker, Speaker
- February 28, 2012 | Arlington, VA | Speaking EngagementManaging DCAA Audits in Contingency Environments: How Battlespace Contractors Must Address Unique Challenges to Meet DCAA's Heightened Compliance ExpectationsContingency Contracting in Iraq and AfghanistanJennifer S. Zucker, Speaker
- July 18, 2011 | Charlottesville, VA | Speaking EngagementContract Attorneys' CourseThe Judge Advocate General's Legal Center & SchoolJennifer S. Zucker, Instructor
- March 28, 2011 | Charlottesville, VA | Speaking EngagementAdvanced Acquisitions -- Contract PricingJudge Advocate Graduate Course: The Judge Advocate General's Legal Center and SchoolJennifer S. Zucker, Instructor
- October 19, 2010 | Press Release