J.D., Howard University School of Law
B.A., University of Virginia
Member, Howard Law Journal
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Jerita is a corporate and transactional attorney who counsels broadcast, cable, financial institutions, nonprofit, and other clients in regulated industries, including the communications and government contracts industries, and non-regulated industries, in a wide-variety of corporate governance and transactional matters, including stock or asset acquisitions, divestitures, corporate formation and dissolution, and software and technology licensing transactions.
- Transactional counsel for a wide range of companies in the sales and acquisitions of various assets.
- Lead transactional counsel for a rapidly growing national radio broadcaster in multiple, complex asset and stock acquisitions ranging from $254 million to $3 million transactions.
- Lead transactional counsel in the sale of 200 broadcast towers and related assets to a tower company, including negotiating leaseback and similar use arrangements.
- Drafts and negotiates a variety of agreements, including asset and stock purchase agreements, loan documents, lease agreements, non-competition agreements, local programming and marketing agreements, closing documentation, and other corporate contracts.
- Represents clients in the purchase and sale of television and radio stations.
- Counsels clients in connection with acquisitions, sales, and exchanges of numerous radio stations in multiple markets for publicly traded and private companies.
- Drafts and negotiates a wide variety of intellectual property and services agreements.
- Handles due diligence of government contracts.
- Counsels clients in general corporate matters, including drafting bylaws, operating agreements, and merger agreements.
- Assists non-profit corporations with filing for tax exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and general compliance issues.
- Represents clients during the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) audit process.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Board Member and Committee Chair, DC Family & Youth Initiative
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-chair, Transactional Practice Committee (2014)
- National Bar Association (NBA)
- Global Advisory Board, Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF)
- Women's Bar Association (WBA)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Business/Corporate by Super Lawyers magazine (2016)
- Named one of City Year Washington, DC's Idealists of the Year (2013)
News & Insights
- March 9, 2016 | Press Release
- March 3, 2016 | Press Release
- September 14, 2015 | Press ReleaseRachel Alexander and Jerita Salley Named to Leadership Role and Board Position at the Women in Law Empowerment Forum
- January 29, 2014 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Helps CTIA Secure Agreement with Los Angeles Television Stations for First U.S. Spectrum Channel Sharing Pilot Project
- May 2012 | Newsletter
- May 2012 | ArticleThe Metropolitan Corporate Counsel Volume 20, No. 5Jerita L. DeBraux Salley
- February 2012 | Newsletter
- March 4, 2010 | Press Release
- February 28, 2008 | Press Release