J.D., Vanderbilt Law School
B.A., with distinction, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Notes Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Jessica represents a broad cross-section of the wireless telecommunications industry before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). She specializes in a variety of regulatory, transactional, policy, and compliance matters affecting commercial mobile providers, manufacturers, and industry associations.
- Designs and executes policy advocacy for clients regarding the FCC's proposed reallocation of broadcast television spectrum and first-of-its-kind incentive auction.
- Counsels clients on spectrum allocation matters, including reallocation of federal spectrum, repurposing of mobile satellite spectrum, and other elements of the National Broadband Plan.
- Provides guidance on public safety issues facing the wireless industry, including E911, Next Generation 911, and disaster preparedness and recovery.
- Counsels clients on the regulatory impact of wireless transactions ranging from small license transfers to major communications mergers. Manages the preparation and filing of FCC applications and advocacy pleadings in connection with wireless license transfers.
- Advises clients on a variety of wireless licensing issues and compliance matters.
- Represents some of the largest and most successful mobile carriers and industry associations.
- Extern for the Honorable E. Clifton Knowles, Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee (2005-2006)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Chair, Wireless Practice Committee (2013-Present)
- Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA)
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBADC)
- Recipient of the 2007 Myron Penn Laughlin Note Award
News & Insights
- January 29, 2014 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Helps CTIA Secure Agreement with Los Angeles Television Stations for First U.S. Spectrum Channel Sharing Pilot Project
- October 18, 2013 | AlertFCC Releases Public Notice Establishing Revised Deadlines for Filings Impacted by Government ShutdownMichael A. Lewis, Jessica B. Lyons
- October 3, 2012 | Alert