J.D., British-American University School of Law
B.S., University of Kentucky
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Areas of Specialty
John supports clients on a variety of international trade matters, including antidumping, and has more than twenty years of experience dealing with international trade matters, in both the private sector and the federal government. He started his career in the Office of Accounting/Antidumping Investigations at the U.S. Department of Commerce.
John has worked on numerous antidumping cases involving products from countries across the globe, including Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Italy, Turkey, Russia, Sweden, Mexico, Canada, Cambodia, Germany, People’s Republic of China, and Vietnam. John's international experience, coupled with his knowledge of U.S. industry regulations, makes him a unique asset to the International Trade Practice.
- Works with attorneys to analyze difficult issues in order to improve results in investigations and administrative reviews.
- Conducts research on trade trends with regard to various antidumping cases.
- Performs analysis of company issues and develops methods for effective and efficient case argument.
- Recognized as a leading authority on cost of production and non-market economy analysis for antidumping investigations before the Department of Commerce.
- Participated in one of the first cases brought against the country of Vietnam.
- Director, Trade Consulting Services (2011-2014)
- Chief Accountant, Grunfeld Desiderio (2001-2010)
- Senior Trade Consultant, Trade Resources Company (1988-2001)
- Accountant, U.S. Department of Commerce, Import Administration (1986-1988)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)