J.D., University of Michigan Law School
M.P.P., University of Michigan Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
B.A., with distinction, University of Michigan
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
U.S. Court of International Trade
John represents clients in a variety of telecommunications litigation and regulatory matters. He also counsels clients seeking to operate unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
- Litigates telecommunications and international trade matters before the federal courts.
- Researches and drafts comments and other written submissions for clients in proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other federal agencies.
- Counsels telecommunications clients on compliance with federal and state regulatory obligations.
- Advises clients on legal, regulatory, and public policy issues affecting the telecommunications and UAS industries, including analysis of FCC, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and state law considerations.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice with experience arguing a habeas corpus appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, litigating a Title VII Civil Rights case in federal district court, drafting amicus briefs in First Amendment and immigration cases before the U.S. Supreme Court, and assisting immigrants with visa applications.
- Law Clerk, U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Oversight and Government Reform (2016)
- Student Attorney, University of Michigan Federal Appellate Litigation Clinic (2015)
- Law Clerk, U.S. Senate, Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations (2014)
- Judicial Intern, Chief Judge Gerald E. Rosen, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (2013)
- Assistant Director of Scheduling/Personal Aide, Office of Governor Rick Snyder (2011-2012)
- Administrative Assistant to the Campaign Manager, Rick Snyder for Michigan (2010)
News & Insights
- July 1, 2017 | ArticleNatural Gas & Electricity
- May 19, 2017 | Alert
- May 1, 2017 | Alert
- May 2017 | Newsletter
- March 23, 2017 | Article
- March 8, 2017 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Files Amicus Brief on Behalf of Key Nonprofit and Public Interest Groups in Critical Supreme Court Case Involving Rights of Naturalized U.S. Citizens
- January 11, 2017 | Alert
- December 27, 2016 | AlertFCC Seeks Data and Comment About Ways to Streamline and Expedite Local Approval of Small Cell Wireless Infrastructure Deployment
- December 16, 2016 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Files Supreme Court Amicus Brief in Lee v. Tam on Behalf of Rutherford Institute and Consumers’ Research
- December 12, 2016 | Alert
- December 12, 2016 | Alert
- November 4, 2016 | Alert
- October 24, 2016 | ArticleWileyConnectJohn T. Lin, Author