J.D., University of Michigan Law School
M.P.P., University of Michigan Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
B.A., with distinction, University of Michigan
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar*
John represents clients in a variety of telecommunications litigation and regulatory matters.
- Researches and drafts comments and other written submissions for clients in proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Counsels telecommunications clients on compliance with federal and state regulatory obligations.
- Advises clients on substantive issues affecting the telecommunications industry.
- Argued a habeas corpus appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- Law Clerk, U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Oversight and Government Reform (2016)
- Student Attorney, University of Michigan Federal Appellate Litigation Clinic (2015)
- Law Clerk, U.S. Senate, Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations (2014)
- Judicial Intern, Chief Judge Gerald E. Rosen, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (2013)
- Assistant Director of Scheduling/Personal Aide, Office of Governor Rick Snyder (2011-2012)
- Administrative Assistant to the Campaign Manager, Rick Snyder for Michigan (2010)
News & Insights
- November 4, 2016 | Alert
- October 24, 2016 | ArticleWileyConnectJohn T. Lin*, Author