J.D., summa cum laude, American University Washington College of Law; Gillett-Mussey Fellowship, Dean’s Merit Scholarship
B.A., with distinction, University of Virginia
Vol. 62 Executive Editor, American University Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Kat offers counsel to telecommunications and media clients on a variety of regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters.
- Counsels telecommunications and media clients on compliance with federal regulatory obligations.
- Assists communications clients on transactional and licensing issues before state commissions.
- Researches and prepares comments and other written submissions to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and state commissions on a variety of issues affecting telecommunications and media clients.
- Counsels operators of commercial websites and mobile app developers on COPPA compliance and assists clients in developing privacy policies.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice.
- American University Washington College of Law
- Dean's Fellow, Legal Rhetoric Department (2011-2013)
- Dean's Fellow, Professor Lewis Grossman (2011-2012)
- Law Clerk, Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), Internet Public Interest Opportunities Program (2011)
- Fund for the Public Interest
- Regional Director's Administrator (2009-2010)
- Canvass Director (2007-2009)
- Regional Administrator, Work for Progress (2008)
News & Insights
- February 9, 2017 | AlertPetition Filed at FCC Would Significantly Increase Burdens on Companies Under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- February 3, 2017 | Alert
- January 2017 | Newsletter
- January 5, 2017 | Alert
- May 2016 | NewsletterTCPA Suits Against Political Campaigns on the Rise, with the Trump Campaign Facing Two Separate Class Action Suits
- March 2016 | NewsletterFCC Issues Enforcement Advisory Reminding Political Campaigns about Calling and Texting Restrictions under the TCPA
- February 19, 2016 | Alert
- January 8, 2016 | Press Release
- December 9, 2015 | Press Release
- November 2015 | NewsletterReaching Out Without Getting Burned: Understanding the Impact of the TCPA on Health Plan Member Communications
- November 17, 2015 | ArticleRadio and Television Business Report
- November 16, 2015 | ArticleRadio and Television Business Report
- November 12, 2015 | AlertReaching Out Without Getting Burned: Understanding the Impact of the TCPA on Health Plan Member Communications
- November 6, 2015 | Alert
- October 28, 2015 | AlertFCC Proposes to Streamline Foreign Ownership Approval Process for Broadcasters, Creating Potential for New Investment Opportunities
- September 2015 | NewsletterThird Circuit Green Lights FTC Data Security Authority, Signaling Companies Must Be Vigilant and Proactive
- August 25, 2015 | AlertThird Circuit Green Lights FTC Data Security Authority, Signaling Companies Must Be Vigilant and Proactive
- July 13, 2015 | Alert
- June 19, 2015 | Alert
- June 16, 2015 | ArticleWill Broadband Providers Accept the FCC's Offer to Provide Guidance on Whether a Privacy Practice Is Reasonable?Bloomberg BNA's Telecommunications Law Resource Center
- June 15, 2015 | Alert
- April 2015 | Newsletter
- March 12, 2015 | ArticleLaw360Megan L. Brown, Kathleen E. Scott
- November 14, 2014 | Press Release
- August 12, 2014 | Press Release
- March 27, 2014 | AlertScott D. Delacourt, Kathleen E. Scott
- February 21, 2014 | AlertGregory L. Masters, Kathleen E. Scott