J.D., Harvard Law School
M.A., Connecticut College
B.A., Trinity College; Phi Beta Kappa
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Keith serves as consulting counsel to Wiley Rein LLP. He has more than 30 years of experience representing private and public entities in federal and state courts and has particular expertise in insurance and environmental matters.
- Represents insurers in complex, multi-party litigation involving toxic torts and product liability issues.
- Counsels clients on various aspects of insurance coverage law.
- Represents insurers in disputes arising both under general liability and specialized environmental exposure and professional liability policies.
- Represents clients in matters concerning Superfund and other environmental statutes.
- Counsels clients concerning environmental law and antitrust matters.
- Assists clients in conducting pro bono commercial law training programs in developing countries.
- Represented the Equal Rights Center (ERC) and a class of 17,000 Metro riders of the MetroAccess paratransit system for people with severe disabilities in a major class-action lawsuit which resulted in a landmark settlement. The firm received a 2008 Outstanding Achievement Award from the Washington Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs for this representation.
- Honored as one of International Senior Lawyers Project's "Global Volunteers of the Decade" (2011)
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
News & Insights
- September 12, 2013 | Press Release
- December 12, 2011 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein's Keith Watson Honored at the International Senior Lawyers Project 10th Anniversary Celebration
- December 5, 2011 | Press Release
- October 12, 2011 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein's Keith S. Watson to Be Honored for Pro Bono Work By International Senior Lawyers Project
- April 26, 2011 | Press Release
- May 7, 2009 | Press Release
- June 4, 2008 | Press Release
- May 1, 2008 | Press Release
- June 28, 2007 | Press Release