J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
M.P.P., Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
B.A., cum laude, Southern University and A&M College
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Kendra counsels and represents large and small government contractors, subcontractors, and grant recipients on a range of legal issues. She has handled bid protests before several federal government agencies, as well as the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC), and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC). Kendra has also represented clients in size protests before the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and has litigated Contract Disputes Act (CDA) claims before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA) and in federal district court. She has represented government contractors in Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) disputes, False Claims Act (FCA) matters, and government investigations involving procurement integrity, ethics, and conflict of interest statutes. Kendra also regularly counsels clients on compliance with various procurement laws and regulations. Prior to entering private practice, Kendra spent more than 10 years at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), working in the areas of budget and procurement, legislative affairs, and grant portfolio management.
- Represented federal government contractors in bid protests of defense and civilian procurements before federal agencies, GAO, COFC, and CAFC.
- Represented federal government contractors on appeals of contracting officer final decisions and CDA claims before the ASBCA.
- Represented a default-terminated contractor in a federal district court litigation alleging breach of contract by the government.
- Defended a federal government contractor against a wrongful contract termination.
- Counseled a prime government contractor facing potential false claims liability as a result of subcontractor invoicing irregularities.
- Represented a government contractor targeted in a federal investigation related to potential violations of the Procurement Integrity Act, the federal bribery and illegal gratuity statute, and other government ethics and conflict of interest rules.
- Prepared a variety of FOIA requests on behalf of clients seeking procurement-related government records. Negotiated with and litigated against agencies regarding the release of requested records.
- Analyzed subcontracts proposed by prime contractors and advised small business government contractor clients on mandatory and discretionary flow-down of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clauses and other key considerations prior to subcontract negotiations with prime.
- Counseled small business government contractor clients on a variety of issues related to contract formation, administration, and compliance with procurement laws and regulations.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) (2000 - 2011)
- Strategic Portfolio and Policy Manager, Office of Education (2010-2011)
- Acting Director, Legislative Research and Analysis Division (2009-2010)
- Law Clerk, Office of General Counsel, Contracts and Procurement Practice Group (2008-2009)
- Legislative Liaison, Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs (2002-2008)
- Budget and Procurement Analyst, Office of the Chief Financial Officer (2000-2002)
- Adjunct Professor, Public Budgeting, Texas Southern University School of Public Affairs (2003-2005)
- Grants Consultant, Bunkie Community Development Corporation (1999)
- Intern, Office of U.S. Senator John B. Breaux (D-LA) (1997-1998)
- Grants Assistant, Louisiana Department of Education (1994-1997)
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law
- Bid Protest Committee
- Contract Claims and Disputes Resolution Committee
- Diversity Committee
- National Bar Association
- Deputy Director, Region XII
- Executive Committee Member, Greater Washington Area Chapter (GWAC)
- Member, Washington Bar Association
- Women in Aerospace
- Legal Counsel for the Elderly, Young Lawyers Alliance
News & Insights
- April 20, 2017 | Arlington, VA | Speaking EngagementNGMA's 2017 Annual Grants TrainingKendra P. Norwood, Brian Walsh, Speaker
- March 22, 2017 | Orlando, FL | Speaking EngagementFederal Publications SeminarsKendra P. Norwood, Brian Walsh
- February 2017 | NewsletterGot Grants? Public and Private Sector Federal Grant Recipients Not Immune to False Claims Act Liability
- December 27, 2016 | AlertNational Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 Implements Numerous Acquisition Reform MeasuresTracye Winfrey Howard, Kendra P. Norwood
- December 16, 2016 | AlertTracye Winfrey Howard, Kendra P. Norwood
- November 9, 2016 | Alert
- November 2016 | Newsletter
- June 2016 | NewsletterCompetition and Climate Change: How the FAR Proposed Rule on Contractor Greenhouse Gas Disclosures Seeks to Influence Both