J.D., American University Washington College of Law
B.A., The University of Illinois
Articles Editor, National Security Law Brief
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Luke counsels franchisors with franchise-related legal matters, including drafting of franchise disclosure documents and related franchise, license, and development agreements.
- Drafts franchise disclosure documents and related franchise, license, and development agreements for domestic and international franchisors.
- Counsels franchisors regarding the development and restructuring of franchise programs, franchise sales processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews advertisements and marketing materials for compliance with relevant regulations and to ensure claims are properly substantiated.
- Student Attorney, Janet R. Spragens Federal Tax Clinic (2015)
- Summer Law Extern, The Honorable Judge Paul W. Grimm, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland (2014)
- Summer Law Clerk, The Honorable Judge William H. Hooks, Cook County Circuit Court (2013)
- Administrative Assistant, The Pew Charitable Trusts (2010-2011)
- Policy Intern, U.S. House Democratic Caucus (2009)
- Legislative Intern, Office of Congressman Bill Foster, U.S. House of Representatives (2008)
News & Insights
- March 8, 2017 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Files Amicus Brief on Behalf of Key Nonprofit and Public Interest Groups in Critical Supreme Court Case Involving Rights of Naturalized U.S. Citizens
- November 1, 2016 | Press Release