J.D., with high honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., magna cum laude, American University
Articles Editor, The George Washington Law Review
Law Clerk for the Honorable Robert C. Chambers, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (2014-2015)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
New York Bar
Madeline represents clients in a variety of complex litigation and appellate matters in federal and state courts and in arbitration.
- Successfully defended a multinational technology company on appeal in a Sarbanes-Oxley Act case.
- Represented a major shipbuilder in the successful defense of a $400 million False Claims Act case.
- Counsels clients regarding regulatory matters including administrative appeals, Federal Communications Commission (FCC) petitions, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) complaints.
- Represented an individual from China seeking political asylum in the United States before a federal court of appeals.
- Represented a pro bono client in an appellate proceeding to secure Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits.
- Research Assistant, Professor Miriam Galston, The George Washington University Law School (2012)
- Legal Intern, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (2012)
- Editorial Assistant, Professor Don Fulsom, American University (2011)
- Intern, New York State Democratic Assembly Campaign Committee (2010)
- New York State Bar Association
News & Insights
- September 30, 2016 | AlertAgencies Finalize Rule Prohibiting Federal Contracts with Corporations that have Federal Tax Liability or a Felony Conviction
- June 2, 2016 | AlertRoderick L. Thomas, Madeline J. Cohen
- February 29, 2016 | Article