J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan Law School
B.A., magna cum laude, Amherst College
Articles Editor, Michigan Journal of International Law
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
Mary Catherine represents professional liability insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes, and has particular experience with directors and officers, financial institution, investment advisor, lawyers, employment practices, and media liability policies.
- Serves as monitoring counsel and advises insurers on coverage issues and underlying exposures in connection with complex claims, including matters involving securities litigation, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) litigation, bankruptcy proceedings, and government investigations.
- Conducts discovery and drafts pleadings addressing a variety of procedural and substantive issues on behalf of insurers in coverage and bad faith litigation in the federal and state courts.
- Participated in a large-scale corporate investigation related to potential securities litigation.
- Legal Intern, U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia (2004)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Virginia Bar Association (VBA)
News & Insights
- August 2015 | Newsletter
- June 11, 2015 | Press Release
- December 4, 2014 | Press Release
- November 27, 2013 | Press Release
- July 27, 2012 | Press Release
- June 18, 2007 | Press Release