J.D., Columbus School of Law, The Catholic University of America
B.A., cum laude, Gettysburg College
Associate Editor and Staff Member, Catholic University Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Megan has extensive background advising companies on federal and state laws governing the marketing, manufacturing, and distribution of food, dietary supplements, cosmetics, drugs, medical devices, and other consumer products and services regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Implemented programs for compliance with newly enacted federal and state regulations that affected food, pet food, dietary supplements, drugs, medical devices, and cosmetics, including the Food Safety Modernization Act and genetic engineering labeling for food products.
- Represented clients in FDA and USDA matters, investigations before the FTC, state regulator inquiries, class action cases, and self-regulatory challenges involving food, dietary supplements, drugs, cosmetics, and other consumer goods and services.
- Assisted clients in developing food contact material and ingredient safety determinations for FDA-regulated products.
- Reviewed claim substantiation, advertising, and labeling for a broad range of products, including dietary supplements, food, cosmetics, drugs, and other consumer products.
- Advised FDA-regulated product companies about procedures for product recalls and developed strategies for monitoring product safety.
- Senior Counsel, Walgreen Co. (2014-2017)
- Private law practice (2009-2014)
- Legislative Correspondent Intern, Office of Congressman Brian Bilbray, U.S. House of Representatives (2007)
- Legislative Intern, Office of Congresswoman Kay Granger, U.S. House of Representatives (2007)