B.S., University of Michigan
Mike assists equipment manufacturers, commercial carriers, trade associations, and users of wireless telecommunications systems with a variety of spectrum-related regulatory matters before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). He also has broad experience in spectrum allocation proceedings for new wireless services.
- Assists a variety of service provider and manufacturer clients with technical issues before the FCC and the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) concerning the allocation and use of the electromagnetic spectrum for wireless networks and devices.
- More than 25 years of experience with the Land Mobile Radio for public safety and private enterprise users. Now working on the implementation of spectrum related provisions of the Middle Class Tax Relief Act of 2012 including the establishment of a nationwide public safety broadband network.
- Counsels and analyzes U.S. and international regulation governing unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), including spectrum licensing and allocation matters before the FCC, the NTIA, and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- Has helped clients successfully secure federal funding for wireless broadband infrastructure projects.
- Possesses broad knowledge of the FCC's equipment authorization processes and "Part 15" technical standards for unlicensed devices.
- Provides technical advice related to the mitigation of electrical interference to wireless devices. Is now engaged in the FCC proceedings examining the impact of radio receiver performance on service compatibility.
- Engineering Advisor to the Chief, Federal Communications Commission, Private Radio Bureau (1989-1991)
- Engineering positions, Federal Communications Commission, Private Radio Bureau and Mass Media Bureau (1983-1991)
News & Insights
- June 16, 2016 | AlertMichael A. Lewis, Meredith G. Singer
- January 13, 2016 | Alert
- December 9, 2015 | Alert
- October 6, 2015 | Alert
- July 22, 2015 | AlertMichael A. Lewis, Kurt E. DeSoto
- June 8, 2015 | ArticleLaw360
- April 27, 2015 | Alert
- March 9, 2015 | Article
- September 18, 2014 | Alert
- April 30, 2014 | AlertAnna M. Gomez, Michael A. Lewis
- February 21, 2014 | AlertU.S. Department of Defense Releases Strategy for Addressing Spectrum Scarcity Through More Efficient and Shared Usage of Spectrum ResourcesAnna M. Gomez, Michael A. Lewis
- October 18, 2013 | AlertFCC Releases Public Notice Establishing Revised Deadlines for Filings Impacted by Government ShutdownMichael A. Lewis, Jessica B. Lyons
- February 25, 2013 | ArticleThomas S. Dombrowsky Jr., Michael A. Lewis
- September 13, 2011 | ArticleMichael A. Lewis