J.D., The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., magna cum laude, Dartmouth College
Member, The George Washington Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Sixth, Eleventh, and District of Columbia Circuits
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Paul counsels and represents government contractors in solicitation review, multiple award schedule contracting, state and local procurements, subcontracting, teaming agreements, corporate transactions, bid protests, terminations, contract disputes litigation, compliance reviews, mandatory disclosures, inspector general investigations, and False Claims Act actions. Paul is regularly rated as one of the country’s “Leading Lawyers” in his field by Chambers USA, which commends him as “a fantastic bid protest attorney” (2013). Paul was also chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee from 1998 to 2014.
- Advises clients seeking to do business in the federal marketplace.
- Litigates bid protests at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
- Represents clients in claims and disputes process at the Boards of Contract Appeals and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, as well as in subcontractor litigation in district courts and state courts.
- Represents and counsels health care clients in protests and contract administration matters relating to TRICARE Management Activity, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Federal Employee Health Benefits, and Department of Veteran's Affairs contracts.
- Conducts internal investigations, represents clients in making mandatory disclosures, and defends clients in Department of Justice (DOJ) and inspector general investigations and suspension and debarment proceedings.
- Reviews and develops company compliance programs.
- Handles protests, contract administration issues, and transactions involving classified and compartmentalized programs.
- Obtained commutation of a client's death sentence from Virginia Governor George Allen three hours before the scheduled execution in a highly publicized pro bono capital habeas corpus case.
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Public Contract Law
- Co-Chair, Suspension and Debarment Committee (2013-Present)
- Council Member (2009-2012)
- Vice-Chair (2009-Present) and Co-Chair (2006-2009), Bid Protest Committee
- Vice-Chair, Acquisition Reform and Emerging Issues Committees
- Co-Chair, Contract Claims and Disputes Resolution Committee (2000-2003)
- Advisory Council, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2014-Present)
- Chair, The George Washington University Law School Government Contracts Advisory Board
- Named one of "Washington's Best Lawyers" (2013, 2014) and one of "Washington's Top Lawyers" (2015) by Washingtonian magazine
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in Government Contracts (2007-2016) and included in Spotlight Table for Government Contracts: Bid Protests (2012-2016)
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" for Government Contracts by Super Lawyers magazine (2011-2016)
- Included in the International Who's Who of Public Procurement Lawyers (2013-2014)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "leading lawyer" and "recommended lawyer" in Government Contracts (2015-2016)
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
News & Insights
- August 30, 2016 | AlertPreparing for the September 30, 2016 Sunset on GAO Jurisdiction over Civilian Agency Task Order Protests
- June 14, 2016 | Press Release
- May 6, 2016 | Press Release
- January 12, 2016 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Wins Law360’s Government Contracts ‘Practice Group of the Year’ Award for ‘High-Profile Wins’ in a ‘Variety of Forums’
- December 2015 | Newsletter
- November 24, 2015 | Press Release
- September 2015 | ArticleA Bad Day for Proposal Consultants—GAO Finds Agency May Reasonably Prohibit Use of Consultants for Proposal Preparation PurposesPratt's Government Contracting Law Report
- April 1, 2015 | AlertA Bad Day for Proposal Consultants-GAO Finds Agency May Reasonably Prohibit Use of Consultants for Proposal Preparation Purposes
- November 14, 2014 | Press Release
- September 16, 2014 | ArticleBloomberg BNA's Federal Contracts Report
- Winter 2014 | Newsletter
- February 7, 2014 | Media MentionLaw360
- December 5, 2013 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementGathering and Using Past Performance Information2013 Nash and Cibinic Report RoundtablePaul F. Khoury, Panelist
- November 14, 2013 | Press Release
- June 26, 2013 | Media MentionLaw360
- June 18, 2013 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementAsk the JudgesABA Section of Public Contract Law Bid Protest Committee ProgramPaul F. Khoury, Panelist
- June 3, 2013 | Media MentionLaw360
- May 29, 2013 | Media MentionLaw360
- May 29, 2013 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein’s Government Contracts Practice and Rand L. Allen Receive Top Tier Honors from Chambers USA for the Fifth Consecutive Year
- April 17, 2013 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementPracticing Before the Boards of Contract AppealsABA Section of Public Contract Law Program and WebinarPaul F. Khoury, Speaker
- March 27, 2013 | Media MentionLaw360
- February 26, 2013 | Online Webinar | Speaking EngagementWiley Rein Government Contracts Boot CampPaul F. Khoury, Speaker, Brian Walsh, Speaker
- January 4, 2013 | Media MentionBloomberg News, The Washington Post
- November 15, 2012 | Charlottesville, VA | Speaking EngagementIndustry PanelJudge Advocate General School's 2012 Contract & Fiscal Law SymposiumPaul F. Khoury, Moderator
- June 12, 2012 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice and Rand L. Allen Receive Top Tier Honors from Chambers USA for the Fourth Consecutive Year
- October 5, 2011 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementContracting With the Federal or State Government: An In-Depth Look at the Legal, Compliance and Ethical IssuesAmerica's Health Insurance Plans State Issues Compliance ForumPaul F. Khoury, Speaker
- July 14, 2011 | Speaking EngagementIs Your Contract a Target for In-Sourcing, and What Can You Do About It?TechAmerica WebinarPaul F. Khoury, Speaker
- June 13, 2011 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein's Government Contract Practice and Rand L. Allen Receive Top Honors from Chambers USA; Group Boasts Five "Leading Lawyers"
- May 31, 2011 | Media MentionGovernment Contracts Practice Partner Paul Khoury Weighs in on Ruling that Contractors Cannot Sue Over InsourcingBloomberg Government
- March 4, 2011 | Annapolis, MD | Speaking EngagementPast Performance and Federal Awardee Performance and Integrity Information System (FAPIIS) Litigation Issues17th Annual Federal Procurement Institute and Open Midyear Council MeetingPaul F. Khoury, Speaker
- February 2011 | ArticleThe Metropolitan Corporate Counsel Vol. 19, No. 2Paul F. Khoury, Craig Smith
- June 14, 2010 | Press ReleaseChambers USA Ranks Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice in Top Tier and Partners Rand L. Allen, Paul F. Khoury and Scott M. McCaleb among the Nation's Best; Daniel P. Graham Named "Up and Comer"
- June 12, 2009 | Press ReleaseChambers USA Ranks Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice in Its Top Tier and Partners Rand L. Allen, Paul F. Khoury and Scott M. McCaleb among the Nation's Best
- September 2, 2008 | Press Release
- June 23, 2008 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice and Partners Rand L. Allen, Paul F. Khoury and Scott M. McCaleb Rated Among the Nation's Best
- June 20, 2007 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice and Partners Rand Allen, Paul Khoury and Scott McCaleb Rank Among Nation's Best