J.D., cum laude, George Mason University School of Law
B.A., summa cum laude, Villanova University; Phi Beta Kappa
Case Comments Editor, The Federal Circuit Bar Journal
Law Clerk for the Honorable Barry R. Poretz, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (2003-2004)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
Supreme Court of Virginia
Board Certified, Business Bankruptcy Law, American Board of Certification
The American Board of Certification is accredited by the American Bar Association to certify lawyers in the areas of bankruptcy law and creditors' right law. There is no procedure in the Commonwealth of Virginia for approving certifying organizations.
A former law clerk in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (known as the “Rocket Docket”), Rebecca represents clients in complex commercial disputes in the state and federal courts through the Washington DC metropolitan region. Rebecca’s experience includes representing corporations in contract and business tort disputes, counseling financial institutions in loan restructures, representing intellectual property owners in trademark infringement litigation, and representing trustees in corporate investigations and fraudulent transfer litigation. Rebecca has been named one of Virginia’s “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers magazine every year since 2009.
- Represents financial institutions, government contractors, franchisees, and trustees in complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts.
- Represents clients in trademark infringement litigation.
- Represents applicants for security clearances before the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA).
- Represented Liquidating Trustee in the Vijay K. Taneja case, one of the largest real estate mortgage fraud and Ponzi scheme cases in the Washington, DC area.
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- Advisory Board, Mid-Atlantic Region (2013-Present)
- Fairfax Bar Association
- The Federal Bar Association (FBA)
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Board of Directors, Washington, DC Network (Present)
- Co-Chair, Communications Committee, Washington, DC Network (2014-Present)
- Co-Chair, Membership Committee, Washington, DC Network (2011-2013)
- Northern Virginia Bankruptcy Bar Association (NVBBA)
- The Virginia Bar Association (VBA)
- Named one of Virginia's "Rising Stars" for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Super Lawyers magazine (2009-2014)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Business Litigation (2015-2016) and Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights (2013-2014) by Super Lawyers magazine
News & Insights
- November 9, 2015 | Arlington, VA | SpeakerIWIRC - DC Network
- June 13, 2014 | Press Release
- April 4, 2014 | Coral Gables-Miami, FL | PanelistNational Association of Bankruptcy Trustees 2014 Spring Seminar
- Spring 2014 | ArticleBankruptcy Law News Vol. 24, No. 14
- February 20, 2014 | Press Release
- Fall 2013 | ArticleNABTalk
- July 25, 2013 | Washington, DC | SpeakerBack to the Future: Employment of Creditor’s Bills in Equity and Receiverships in the Resolution and Collection of Problem Loans
- June 14, 2013 | Press Release
- September 20, 2012 | Fairfax, VA | SpeakerThe Bankrupt Secret Agent: Financial Considerations and Bankruptcy in Determining Eligibility for Security ClearancesThe Northern Virginia Bankruptcy Bar Association
- June 15, 2012 | Press Release
- April 16, 2012 | ArticleBankruptcy Law360
- March 30, 2012 | Newsletter
- February 24, 2012 | ArticleBankruptcy and Energy Law360
- February 2012 | Newsletter
- December 28, 2011 | Press Release
- June 22, 2011 | Press Release
- January 2011 | ArticleThe Metropolitan Corporate Counsel Volume 19, No. 1