B.A., Bristol University
Richard G. Feasey
Areas of Specialty
Richard has over 25 years of experience in the telecommunications sector. Working at some of the largest companies in the industry, he has developed deep experience in the areas of public, regulatory, and competition policy and strategy. Richard assists clients of the firm on domestic and international issues involving all regulatory and competition matters affecting business strategy, M&A, financial planning, and reputation management, as well as with engagement with senior policymakers across the globe.
- Lead public policy counsel overseeing interests of global corporations and providing guidance to CEOs and Boards on all aspects of regulatory risk and strategy.
- Established, developed, and managed large multi-country teams of regulatory and legal professionals.
- Extensive contacts with senior policymakers, including Commissioners, Ministers, Parliamentarians, and regulators in Brussels, London, Washington, DC, and in national markets throughout Europe and Asia.
- Significant transactional and financing experience in IPOs (TeleWest and Ionica), M&A (Vodafone), and assisting financial institutions and investors.
- Significant antitrust experience, including merger reviews and abuse of dominance cases in the UK, Brussels, and Australia.
- Public Policy Director, Vodafone Group plc (2001-2013)
- Vice President, MCI Worldcom International (1998-2001)
- Head of Regulatory Affairs, Ionica plc (1995-1998)
- Public Affairs Director, TeleWest Communications plc (1991-1995)
- Researcher, Dow Corning (1987-1989)
- Associate, Frontier Economics Ltd, London
- Advisory Board Member, Gigaclear plc, London
- Advisory Board Member, Telecoms Management Programme, University College, London
- Director, Fronfraith Ltd, Aberystwyth
- Chair of Governors, Comins Coch School, Aberystwyth